New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

What bike should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bike should i buy?

well first off this is my first post and i am glad that i finally got my acct. activated. Im in Arizona and can ride year round so a lot of time will be spent on this bike that i choose. okay here we go... i have been riding since i was 11 and learned on a kawasaki kz1000 with my father on the back, throttle control, shifting so on is second nature to me. Im 19 going on 20 in June and looking to get my first sport bike in early may. there are 2 bikes im spilt between just because im kinda scared of the 954rr but not 1 bit afraid of the f4i. i feel i will whoop the f4i whenever and how ever i want to right from the day i buy it. but the 954rr... whoaaa i will be riding 2 up with Ms. Daisy for a good long while.

2002 cbr954rr silver & black scheme 10500 miles

perfect cosmetics and mechanical
full micron serpent exhaust with carbon fibre can
power commander 3r
new pilot powers front and rear
fender eliminator
Frame & swingarm sliders
520 DID Gold -1 +3

asking $4,000 but i have negotiated down to $3,500

2001 cbr600f4i silver & black as well. almost 18,000 miles
Dropped on left side. scratched stator cover, left mirror, tip of clutch lever, rear fairing on the side of passenger seat, and scrubbed the hell out of the swingarm.
only mods are intergrated tail light
undertail
frame sliders
smoke db windscreen
power commander 3 w stock exhaust.

asking $3,500 but i got him to $3,200

what bike should i get?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Forum , both nice bikes at decent $$$

Personally I 'd run with the 954, good condition less miles good upgrades .

I do like the F4i's too BTW just that one needs a few things

Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the 954 is a no brainer value-wise. if you're concerned about the power, i'd see if he's still got the original sprockets and put those back on.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

What part of AZ are you callin home? I live in Goodyear, just west of Phoenix.

The 954 is an awesome find but like regener8ed said, going back to stock sprockets would be a wise decision. get used to that and then decide where to go from there.

Well, good luck on choosing your bike, let us know how it turns out.

Gear up and ride safe!

-Fearless-

Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Fearless4x4
What part of AZ are you callin home? I live in Goodyear, just west of Phoenix.

The 954 is an awesome find but like regener8ed said, going back to stock sprockets would be a wise decision. get used to that and then decide where to go from there.

Well, good luck on choosing your bike, let us know how it turns out.

Gear up and ride safe!

-Fearless-

I am in Mesa but all of my riding buddies are in goodyear and family.. GO MILLENIUM TIGERS!! I have all my gear and goodies. This isnt going to be my first bike... i just have been on a buel that i just sold and ready to rid south mountain and tortilla flats a new one! but most likely i will get the 600.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get a 600 if I were you, but there's no reason you have to get that particular one.
I wouldn't be cool with all that rash on an '01 for that price and I don't think you'll have too big of a problem finding one in better shape.
The 954 is priced very well, though, and if it were in my town..... it would be in my garage.

Regardless, welcome to the forum.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by qsmith90
I am in Mesa but all of my riding buddies are in goodyear and family.. GO MILLENIUM TIGERS!! I have all my gear and goodies. This isnt going to be my first bike... i just have been on a buel that i just sold and ready to rid south mountain and tortilla flats a new one! but most likely i will get the 600.

Tigers Shmigers!!!! Agua Fria OWLS!!!! Class of '05!!!! lol, had to do it. Its all good though, my wife graduated from Millenium in '05 as well. hehehe i never bought into the rivalry thing. i had better things to do.

Gimme a holler next time you make it to this side of the woods. i got nothin better to do right now but sit at the house and BS with poeple!!!

Last edited by Fearless4x4; 05-02-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by Fearless4x4
Tigers Shmigers!!!! Agua Fria OWLS!!!! Class of '05!!!! lol, had to do it. Its all good though, my wife graduated from Millenium in '05 as well. hehehe i never bought into the rivalry thing. i had better things to do.

Gimme a holler next time you make it to this side of the woods. i got nothin better to do right now but sit at the house and BS with poeple!!!

Most deff bro. i will have some time to get out and ride in mid may. i will send you my digits and we can meet up. bring your riders and ill bring mine! all the time in the summer time! love riding in AZ except the he-B!tch that we call monsoon!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 AM

that angry face is for monsoon lol idk how to use this site fully yet.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by qsmith90
that angry face is for monsoon lol idk how to use this site fully yet.

dont feel bad, ive been here a few months and still dont know how to navigate it fully either.

Currently your gonna have to settle for stopping by my house and bs-ing, my riding came to a stand still a few weeks ago and im still nursing a bum leg from it. it'll take me a lil while but ill have another and betcher a$$ were goin ridin bro!