New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Traitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traitor

Hey everyone,
My name is Randy and I was a gsx-r owner.........whew!! feels good to get that out. I have recently left my evil ways and bought a 98 CBR F3. I am new to the whole Honda world so if I post a stupid question just point it out . Anyway I bought the bike for less than a grand, it was dropped, but it had new plastics......until I dropped it again. The rachet strap I used sucked and the bike fell in the truck bed. I also lost the key due to a hole in my pocket....YAY ME. I just started fixing it and hopefully it will be on the road this week. I do a lot of custom fabricating I have a 88 5.0 mustang with a single turbo I designed myself, it runs better than it did stock...now I need traction. I really plan on doing some custom work to the bike this winter, but for now it will stay stock so I can enjoy my summer(and better gas mileage).

Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Default RE: Traitor

Welcome.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 AM

welcome to the Honda Family, i have a Hurricane lol, the funny thing was i had a project bike no more then 1 month ago dealing with a F3 lol. i quit on it due to lack of funds.
my brother use to have a 88 stang also, he's still working on it lol.
whtas wrong with it otherwise? your f3?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Retired Administrator

You're not a traitor, you were just misguided before now. Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 AM

what GSX did you use to own?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Well other than the damage I so generously gave the right side. I had to trace some wiring that was damaged (that took a whole weekend) so I could get spark. There was trash in the carbs and fuel lines, I cleaned thecarbs and replaced all the fuel lines. Now its soaking the plugs and wont fire due to flooding I assume. It runs off etherso all Ineed to do is fix the fuel problem and im good to go. These bikes are a little more technical than theg-sxr I had but im sureI will get it right soon......hopefully?