New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Ticket Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket Help

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to get a ticket from a cop without getting pulled over? Let me know what you think.

Old 01-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Ticket Help

I believe so , but I'm no cop so I cant say for sure.
Can you elaborate on your situation?

Oh , and welcome to the forums

Old 01-14-2006, 02:14 PM

i had a friend that ran from the police and he got away but apparently they got his tag number, and when he got home he had a ticket taped to his front door.

Old 01-14-2006, 02:46 PM

Welcome to the Boards I won`t comment on the Ticket question cos it`s likely it`ll be differentinfo your side of the pond

Old 01-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Here's the story

Me and a friend were going around 90 down a road when a cop pulled a u turn and pulled my friend over, before he pulled my friend over we were stop at a red light and I'm pretty sure the cop got my tag.

The cop told my friend he had my tag and that if my friend knew who I was he should call me and tell me to come back because he had my tag #. My friend told the cop he didn't know who I was and then the cop gave my friend a ticket for 88mph in a 50. $280.00 5 pt ticket.

Don't the police have to verify the driver of the car???

Randy

Old 01-15-2006, 07:22 AM

I also dont know laws in usa , but if it makes u feel better i got a ticket
in south Australia from a police recon plane , came in the post about a week
after the event !

Old 01-15-2006, 09:54 AM

welcome from another newbie !!!
My hubby the other month went out on his bike to pick up our two kids from school, the thing is he only took one helmet with him and decided to bring them both home at the same time ....... not good !!!
He got pulled by a cop car that appeared out of no where and this is where it gets interesting
Dave - my hubby - has been riding for nearly 20years ... and has never had more than his provisional licence and because hes riding on a learner licence his insurance isnt valid neither is the bike taxed or tested, legally anyway Lol
so he gets a ticket to produce his licence and pay a fixed fine and points.
He takes in the licence to pay the fine, they send off the licence thats only a learner and a month later gets his provisional licence back with 3 points tacked on !!
and no one says anything about it and he cant be pulled up for it because he was only booked for the offence of riding with more than one passenger
lucky or what !!!

Liz/Telsandy

Old 01-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Retired Administrator

I'd say consider yourself lucky, and your children lucky that they are still alive. Riding three on a bike and children without helmets.... come on, you're suppose to be protecting them not putting them in harms way.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM

believe me don - the rollicking he got when he got home when my daughter blurted out they had been stopped by the coppers ...... earthquakes, tsunamis, monsoons .... they all paled in comparison to my wrath !!!! Lol

i didnt speak to him for 3 days straight

and id warned him before he went out to pick them up to be careful - call it mothers intuition that something was going to happen - and by gum did it !! Lol

Old 01-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Retired Administrator

Sorry for climbing up on a soap box. I'm one of those types that scream things at little old church ladies that would make a sailor blush when I see them driving around with kids out of car seats.

Quick Reply: Ticket Help