New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Switching from cruiser to CBR soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching from cruiser to CBR soon

Hey,
I've been riding for 4 years now. My first season was on an 83' Honda Sabre V4 750cc. Since then I have been riding an 06' Suzuki Boulevard M50. My style of riding and preferences in motorcycles have both changed a lot since I started riding. I started on cruisers because that's what my dad rides. My riding is a bitmore aggressivethan what cruisers are really meant for though. I love riding the twisty roads of the Cincinnati area and I'm tired ofbeing held back bya 550 lb motorcycle with bad cornering clearance. I'm looking at getting either an 08 or 09 600rr. It's not so much the straightline speed that I love so much about these bikes, it's the way that they handle in the turns. I want to eventually do track days and expand my skills further. I love to challenge myself to constantly improve my riding. I also love to watch and discuss motorcycle racing. Seeing the Indianapolis MotoGP this year has only fueled my love of this sport.

Stay safe y'all

Old 01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Default RE: Switching from cruiser to CBR soon

Welcome man, Im also from the cincinnati area I live around colerain fairfield. So if you decide on a bike and need someone to ride with let me know or. Sportsbikes are amazing I got an 06 but I would try and find someone with a bike to see how you like them.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Thanks. I really am fairly set on wanting to upgrade to the CBR. I've already gotten the chance to test ride other sportbikes (buells) at the Indy MotoGP. The I got a half hour on the firebolt one day there and about 45 minutes on the 1125cr the next day. After that I'm still sure that I want to switch to a sportbike. The ergonomics of a 600rr are more comfortable than the Buells anyway. I was actually at Honda of Fairfield today looking at what they have. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting one of the left over 08 600rr modelssooner than Ioriginally planned

Old 01-17-2009, 07:58 PM

That sounds awesome ill assure you that you wont be dissapointed. I go up to honda of fairfield quite often, Ive been wanting to upgrade my 06 to an 07 or 08 for awhile now but just never got up to selling it then purchasing a new one. By the way how much are the 08s going for now.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Im in cincinnati also Im in cleves, originaly from delhi. where are you from?

Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 AM

^^hey man im actually about to move to an apartment out in cleves. Damn thats crazy its called Country woods village.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 AM
June 2011 ROTM

that is crazy. your like 5 min from my house

Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM

I just moved out to the east side of town.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM

Fairfield quoted me 8655 for regular colors (only orange or silver left) and 8889 for graffiti (which I'm not interested in). I made the big move from Harrison, OH to West Harrison, IN in
April. I grew up with Cleves being in my school district since I went to Harrison. I love the roads just North of Cleves between Harrison Ave. and Blue Rock Rd. Also there is a road called Buffalo Ridge between Weisman and East Miami River Rd. that is about the most twisty in the area. I still keep most of my riding in Indiana due to the drastically lower number of police and less traffic.

Quick Reply: Switching from cruiser to CBR soon