New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Sway me to the Honda Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway me to the Honda Side

Okay, so I'm totally new to this site so I'd like to give a big hello to all your Honda guys and girls here. Now as my post says to sway me to the Honda side, my choices for a new bike are either a 2005 Yamaha R6 or a 2005 CBR 600RR. Sell me on the Honda, I've seen some reveiws on it and they say the seat is crazy hard, that the bike is still a little weaker in the engine department than the others etc. You guys would know more than anyone, help me out. Show me the bright side of the CBR Thanks

Old 03-24-2005, 05:05 AM
L8X
Default RE: Sway me to the Honda Side

you wont find a more stable bike than a cbr. period.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 PM

i've been riding for yrs...seen lots of different bikes in my own garage & family & friends...i recently bought my first brand new & also my first sport bike '03 954rr and i'll admit a corbin aftermarket seat was my first aftermarket purchase...within a week of having it...but all the bikes i've seen and rode honda has the best fit and finish attention to detail out there...yamaha i'd say comes in a very very close 2nd but i love the all black 600RR's and hearing them with pipes at 15Grand is amazing...you won't be disapointed

Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Parts -- when you do need parts the Yammies are nowhere to be found. "Back ordered" is standard terminology for their dealers. Honda fit and finish is superior to any other bike period. You will get used to the seat and love it -- hanging off in the esses is just budda. Only downside to Honda is they seem to lack soul. Perhaps it's because they run so well and never leave ya hanging.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:51 PM

Welcome! As far as Honda vs. yammies is was in the same boat as you. They are pretty much comparable when it comes to power i guess. You are right as far as the seat gos. It's like sitting on card board when your first get it but after awhile you A. get used to it and break it in or B. get a Corban. I still ride with my stock seat and my bum dont start to hurt untill about 1-1/2 hours into a ride. Hondas have been leading the AMA and they just look bad ***! everyone else wants a lame *** gxr or a yammie. I hardly ever see anyone on kawis too. So when it was said and done I went HONDA. pick what you think you would like and would like to do to the bike once you got it. you can do some pretty cool things to each different kind of bike that can only be done to it specifically. good luck to ya!

Old 03-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Either one of the bikes is a great choice. You will not ride either one of them to the full potential. So Honda would be the way to go because the parts are readily available, not "back ordered" as stated before..................................AND CBR'S ARE SEXY DAMMIT!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/ED46F05E4D5C42FA8EF77964B41385D5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-25-2005, 03:13 AM

only problem I've come across now is that Honda Canada doesn't make a straight black CBR. They only make the Silver/Black, the Red/Black and the Black Tribal models. Straightblack is only avail in the USA as far as I've been told from the Dealer. That kinda hurts.

Old 03-25-2005, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: rEdLyNeR

Either one of the bikes is a great choice. You will not ride either one of them to the full potential. So Honda would be the way to go because the parts are readily available, not "back ordered" as stated before..................................AND CBR'S ARE SEXY DAMMIT!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/ED46F05E4D5C42FA8EF77964B41385D5.jpg[/IMG]
I agree, unless you have a pro racing license, you will never use the bike to its full potential. It basically comes down to cosmetics, which one looks better. Remember reviews are done by old racers who can tell the difference between 2-5 horsepower.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:05 PM

The most BRANDEST NEWEST Sport Rider showed up in my mailbox the other day with the 05 600 Shootout...guess which bike won, and voted most improved ( I dont want to spoil the article, but the company starts with the letter "H")

Old 03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, welcome to the Honda family. Family stays together. So let me tell you how you will stay with this family. First, look at the oldest import you see around the streets that seem to outlast others...Honda. Second, look at the second most stolen vehicles by thieves in the U.S.(Honda Accord). Third, look at what import you see more parts for and run better with a better backing on them than any other import in the U.S.(Honda). The same availability, warranty, service, reliability & dependability that we all know of Honda cars is the same for it's cycles. Honda is a product that has withstood the test of time for both work and play. Many of my friends ride Yamaha bikes and yet they envy the Hondas in the pack. The Yamahas don't ride as well as Hondas. The price for maintenance on a Honda is lower than Yamaha. Buying a Honda Cycle is not just buying a Cycle...but a well built machine. So go ahead and take your time in thought...we'll wait here at the forum for you to post up pics of your new CBR.

Quick Reply: Sway me to the Honda Side