New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

!st time motorcycle owner (Batcycle) CBR 600

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !st time motorcycle owner (Batcycle) CBR 600

Hello Everyone, first time Motorcycle owner. It is a 1987 Honda CBR 600F. Im pretty excited about it but it needs a little work. Little background story on my bike. It was part of the Batman Stunt Show at Six Flags Chicago. SO i technically now own Batmans bike. Will post pictures in a few. I will be up and down these forums like it was gotham city. Any other cool sites that you guys can reccomend?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey there and welcome to the forums!! :-)

The old F1 was a great CBR and the bike that started it all ...

Here's a review I wrote ...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/cbr600f1-super-review-bike-started-all-96749/

looking forward to pics of your batbike ..lol

take care!! :-)

Jules

Old 09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Forum !
Batman's bike, huh - good one !
Enjoy what we have on offer.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Banned

Welcome to CBRF!! You can't go wrong with a CBR of any vintage. Stay safe and enjoy the forums.

Man, I can't wait to see this bike!!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CBRF, guitarman.
Sounds like you found a unique one for sure!

Take care, ride safe, and let's see some pics!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Default I am the Bat!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Sorry to keep you in suspense to what the bike looks like. Here are some pics.

I know I have to get more high quality pictures but I was so excited that i just went nuts with the iPhone cam.
You can see it needs a lot of work. Lets face it it was a stunt show bike. But it does run.

Heres a litle background info.
Its a 1987 Honda CBR 600F. After the stunt show was stopped this bike was pretty much out of commission and was sold at an auction for 50 bucks!!!!!
The man who bought it moved down here to Florida and it sat in his garage since 1996. Now stick with me on this next part. My girlfriend's-brother's-girlfriend's-stepdad (puzzle) bought the bike off this guy and fixed it up. He usually rides harleys so when I saw him roll up on this baby I was like WTF?!?! told me the story and how he was going to sell it and I said "It must be mine". So here it is.
THE BATCYCLE
So being my first bike you know some people said its a bad idea because it does need some tuning. Lets face it. It's been in the garage since '96. Lots of scratches and paint chips (again it was part of a stunt show) But my big worry is theres a thin lining of rust in the gas tank. So i have to decide wether to remove it myself or get someone to professionally do it.
Also, my dad says that it sounds like its not firing properly so I will have to check the compression. Figure out if its the rust in the tank lowering the compression or somethings wrong with the engine.
Just also took the battery out to recharge it. Talk about learning it the hard way.

Thoughts??

Last edited by guitar4hire; 09-05-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered Users

no batman stickers? lol

Old 09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by guitar4hire
So being my first bike you know some people said its a bad idea because it does need some tuning. Lets face it. It's been in the garage since '96. Lots of scratches and paint chips (again it was part of a stunt show) But my big worry is theres a thin lining of rust in the gas tank. So i have to decide wether to remove it myself or get someone to professionally do it.
Also, my dad says that it sounds like its not firing properly so I will have to check the compression. Figure out if its the rust in the tank lowering the compression or somethings wrong with the engine.
Just also took the battery out to recharge it. Talk about learning it the hard way.

Thoughts??
Great find, a bike with a history.

Thoughts? Find a repair manual and do everything in the scheduled maintenance section. Sitting for that long it's prolly screaming it. Check anything made of rubber for rot. Worry bout the looks second and mechanics first...

And see if you can find any of the batcycle fairings

Old 09-07-2009, 12:42 AM

dang i like the hurricane in all black! two words for a bike that has been sitting: sea foam, its carb cleaner that you can find at almost any auto shop, it has worked wonders in my 81 yamaha, and my 90 cbr, and my brothers 83 kz. I doubt it will clear up all the problems, but it usually makes the carbs run like new. That is an awesome find though!!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:10 AM

Great bike man - its a cool feeling when there's a bike under you with experience and a great story like the one yours has.
+1 on what yuroshio said - Mechanics 1st. Cosmetics 2nd.
... But at the same time a few bucks on some Batplastics never hurt ...

The Dark Knight would be pleased

Quick Reply: !st time motorcycle owner (Batcycle) CBR 600