New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

From a Shadow to a CBR. New member sayin HI

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From a Shadow to a CBR. New member sayin HI

Hey guys. Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. My name is Justin from Memphis, TN. I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid and swapped over to the world of imports and ricers. Had everything Honda from a crx to an s2k. In April I picked up my first cruiser, an 03 Shadow vlx 600. Had it for a while and put on some Cobra pipes, jet kit, and air filter. Wasn't too fond of the 4 speed they come with and the fact that on the interstate going 70 the bike was damn near topped out. Decided to get rid of it and go into debt and buy some real toys. In the process of picking up a truck/suv and a boat but before doing so I found a deal I couldn't pass on. So I am now the owner of an 05 silver/black CBR 1000RR all chromed out with 4300 miles. The previous owner never rode it but also let the battery go dead and then jumped it off with an Excursion. So I got to buy a new battery yesterday and finally take it out for the first time. Wow. Just wow. Going from a relatively slow cruiser to that mega beast of a bike was a world of difference. She's got all kinds of chrome (wheels, swing arm, frame, pegs, handles, grips, you name it and it's chrome), a yoshi slip on, fender eliminators, and thats about it. She may need new tires soon so if anyone out there has any good sites to get some frame sliders, new tires, etc I'd appreciate the insight. I have given thought to trading out all the chrome parts for stock plus cash just to cover some of the cost of the bike so if you would be interested let me know. I'm in Memphis though so you'd need to be kinda close. That's neither here nor there. I'm just posting up to say hi and introduce myself. I'll get some pics of my bike up int he member gallery here shortly. Hopefully you guys can give me some helpful info to the world of CBR's!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Justin, great intro and welcome to CBRF!! Your desciption of your new 1000RR really has me drooling, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so hurry and get your pics up!! I've started passively looking for one (or a 1100XX) myself.

As you've found out, there's really no comparing the Shadow and this new beast. Apples and oranges. The 1000RR won't even break a sweat on the interstate.

Post up any questions you may have in the 1000RR section, keep the shiney side up, and enjoy the forums.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard Justin!
Thanx for the lenghty intro..helps us get to know our new members better
Looking forward to seing pics of that beast,sounds like shes a real looker.
RIde safe and enjoy the forum