CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   rider down (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/rider-down-1403/)

usndocjaysin 04-18-2005 11:17 PM

RE: rider down

Good ta hear yer boy is doin aight. My boy down south wasn't so luck and is a Quad now... Maybe it's best if he stays off 2.

bgoode11 04-19-2005 02:34 AM

all the best wishes to your buddy. this brings up a serious issue in our sport. more and more i see guys getting hurt or killed on their rides and it sickens me to say it but alot of it is our own fault. everyone of us has had a close call while being stupid, some of us have gotten lucky and some havent. the best thing we can do is try to remember that one incident where we almost lost it, and control our impulses to stunt. if ya gotta ride hard do it on a track and always try to educate new riders to do the same.
please guys stay safe. when one of us hurts, we all feel it.

bubbeewuv0630 04-19-2005 04:37 PM

You're absolutely right, YOU MUST HAVE ON YOUR GEAR. Its says that everywhere, on the manual, the MSF class (which I haven't takened yet), peers, and family. I can relate with you real well man. As a matter of fact, I wasn't going to share this because i know i'm going to get crap for it, but yeah... I just bought a nice clean 929 RR recently as well. It was absolutely flawless, the guy kept it in excellent condition untill I laid it down. What happened was I was so excited about buying it a couple of days ago, I was working so much that I didn't get to ride it that much, so on break I went out with only just gloves on and took it for a spin around the parking lot. While turning at about 10 MPH only, the bike hit a small area of gravel and skid the bike to its right side and damged the lower right fairing, mirror, bar end, front brake lever, right turn signal, and BROKE the rear pedal. Costing me up to about $ 200 in accessories damage. I had on a t-shirt and jeans, and no helmet. And I swear, If i had on my leather jacket I wouldn't been just find, right now I have visible road rash thats still trying to heal all across my right side. The gloves I had on was all ripped up, I was so thankful for that. I swear, if i hadn't have the gloves on, I wouldn't be able to be typing right now.

peejay 04-19-2005 08:17 PM

It's a good thing I only have a 600! I guess you can't get hurt that bad on a CBR 600RR....right???[&:]

sirlimpzalot 04-19-2005 08:22 PM

Just because it is a 600 dont think it wont bite you in the ass if you are not paying attention...People that ride big bikes ( 900-1000) get hurt on small bikes because they think, " It is just a 250/500/600, ect..." and they can kill you or hurt you just as quickly as a big bike

MgA_ODEN 11-27-2005 09:07 PM

Howdy , welcome to the forums :)

Better late than never ;)