New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

rider down

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rider down

hey guys,
just wanted to state the obveous, besides the fact that i cant spell i went riding this weekend. i have a buddy who has been riding for years on a gsxr 750, we all know how fast those are. he deciced to get a 929rr last week. we got to his house and decided ware to go riding and all that good stuff. he pulled out of his driveway and threew it up on one wheel like he always did with his gsxr and lost it, we just got back from the er, very very bad head injury,and lots of road rash on his leggs and hands. my brother who is new to all this was there and im really glad he got to see it.
the 2 things i took from this and the thing i want to stress to all the new riders is this. the bikes now a days are very fast with out all the after market stuff, no matter what make or year or all that stuff. before you go get that slip on or the chrome rims. GET YOUR GEAR. and ware it every time you go out. he had a leather jacket on and didnt have a scratch from his waste up. he had a jeans on and they all but came off. and his hands , we wont even go there. yes he was being stupid but we all get that way at times.
the thing is, in the span of 20 seconds and 2 hundred feet from his house his riding is done. so wear your gear, if you dont have it, get it. and always know that your on a very fast bike whether it says 600 or 1000. my buddy is ok and now we can all be pissed at him for being stupid. im off to go rideing and its about 80 out side and its going to suck to put all that leather on but it must be done, so be safe and have fun

Old 04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Default RE: rider down

I hate to hear that. I firmly believe in wearing gear at all times. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Old 04-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope your friend has a full recovery -- the really bad thing with head trauma is that wierd stuff seems to pop up a year or so later. I wear all my stuff every time I go out ... only exception is the leather pants. I just can't do the leather pants. Maybe a vender on CBRforum will have a sale on some COMFORTABLE leather pants

Again, I hope your bud has a full recovery.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:53 PM

hey guys, a little update. called my buddy today, he is doing much better and went home today. road rash real bad from the hips down but he is ok. cracked his cocanut real good. he said he was done with bikes. this is his 3rd time down and all three are from dumb stuff. you hate to lose a buddy as a rider but some guys just cant handle all that power, they leave there brains at home when they go out. but in all he is fine and my brother got to see why even know its hot out you still need your gear.
ps. thanks for the good wishes, its greatly felt.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:42 AM

Maybe because he left his brain at home, he didn't hurt it in the accident Glad to hear he is doing ok.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 PM

I hope your friend recovers quickly. At least he is still around to talk about his accident. Maybe he is making the right decision by saying he won't ride again. Some people are just not cut out for motorcycles. We all know what they can do if we don't respect them. It's a sad lesson, but I hope your brother and everyone around learned a good lesson about gear. It gets hot in the summer, but road rash is alot hotter.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad he's doing o.k. The "I'm done with bikes" speach usually lasts until the pain is gone and a nice warm day appears [8D] Was the dude wearing a helmet at least? If so, that's the poster child for why you wear one -- if you gets a nasty bump while WEARING one then you'd be DEAD without it.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:06 PM

sorry to hear that about your buddy i hope all goes well and with a speedy recovery my cousin was driving his quad about a month ago he's still in hospital in the critcal unit he made it alive but his scares are forever he was riding without any protection i guess not even a helmet!!![:@] his whole left side is torn apart hes suffering from what i heard from my aunt and has gone through a lot of surgery the 954 is my first bike which i know might be crazy but i also am riding with all the best gear which makes me respect that bike even more good luck to your buddy

Old 04-11-2005, 08:45 PM

man im sorry to hear about your cuz. yeah he was wearing a helmet, it was a brand new shoei 1000. broke it 2 places. yeah he would have been dead if not. when he came down out of the wheely he hit sideways and high sided and we didnt see it but im sure it power drived him head 1st. we didnt think he was going that fast but they estamated it at about 55 to 60. he is doing well even jokeing, i think that is to cover the fear up, he knows how close he came. he also has all his memory back.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:15 AM
L8X

i hope your buddy's okay

Quick Reply: rider down