New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Really, really new guy checking in

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright! The bike has been dug out and is pretty much ready for pickup. I ordered some bike-specific straps from Mac's Tie Downs for transport.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:12 PM

Modular helmets are definitely my preference. They're convenient at stop lights and for all you smokers.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome

Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM

welcome to the forum!! sounds like a nice little bike you'll be having soon...if you have the funds to get a practice bike until then, go for it brother but i wouldn't say its a requirement. Ask your friends really nicely to practice with theirs in an open field or parking lot. lol beware bikes are addicting

Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

Rebuild the CBR1000F motor, lovingly return it to its home in the frame, fill it with its vital fluids, start it up, warm it up gently blipping the throttle........

Then ride the bollocks off it.

Enjoy the forum............we're here to help!

Cheers, SB

Old 06-05-2013, 05:35 PM

Say, Sebastion, I have a bottle of Red Bull that is worth 5 cents if returned in South Australia. Not sure what I'm going to do with it though, as it's still full and went bad back in 2007

Old 06-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Just curious... How did the bike turn out? A guy close to me has one and I think they look great...

Old 08-11-2013, 10:41 PM

Just picked it up TODAY!

The engine, as I already knew, is blown. I don't know what I'm going to find when I crack it open. New crank? Maybe. New pistons and liners? Possible. Bent rods? Could be. Just have to wait and see.

The fairings have seen better days. Stress cracks (and real ones as well) means I may end up getting some new ones instead of trying to fix these up.

It's been sitting for about 10 years, so the engine would have had to come apart regardless. Let the games begin!

Also, as it turns out, it's an 88, not a 91 like I originally thought.

Attached Thumbnails Really, really new guy checking in-1.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well a couple things..
1.did you buy a second bike to learn on???
2. and if you remember me from my earlier post. i was pretty adamant about gear right??
well i was the first one to get hit at the begining of the season in my town... tow truck company actually posted my bike up , but because i had on full equipment i pretty much just slid accross the ground and was sore for a couple days... but no biggie..
oh and 3. i love that color and i wouldnt change it... where ever you drive people might think prince is in town and girls with big hair will go crazy..lol

Old 08-12-2013, 10:36 AM

1) Not yet. Between the Mustang and the Hurrycane, I've pretty much run out of space

2) Gear, not yet. The motor needs to be rebuilt on this beast, so I've got time. It's like baby clothes, I don't want to buy gear that I won't fit in a year or so down the road

3) LOL the guy I got this from said everyone called the bike "Purple Rain". I told him I was going to listen to Prince in the way home.

Quick Reply: Really, really new guy checking in