New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Re-Intro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Intro!

been so long since I have been on, I figured I would re introduce myself :P. My name is jason, I am 19, and have had 2 CBR's One hit a deer at a high rate of speed, the other, a Nissan pathfinder. so once again I am bikeless, but hoping to be in shape to pick up another one for spring. CBR of course. Last december I had a brand new 2007 dodge charger r/t, which I drove into a bridge at 80+ mph (hit black ice on the interstate), breaking my back. have been through multiple surgeries to get it back to normal. Has been a long road, but looks like I am finally getting close to the end. I am going to keep the money from the charger to get a bike, probably the green/black 600RR, and for once be able to put full coverage on a bike, since I can't seem to keep em' on 2 wheels, I just have bad luck..So, what's new with all you? I have seen some framiliar faces lurking around the past hour.

Also saw the HC passed away. Put me in tears.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back Jason !! Glad to see that you are recovering. I knew about the deer incident but never was informed of the bridge or nissan. Good luck on acquiring another bike. Can't imagine being bikeless.

Tim's passing put a lot of us in tears ... not another person like him anywhere ... a great father, friend and all round good guy.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to see you back JD
Get better soon.
HC's passing was a tragedy
I miss my friend.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 PM

Chainstretcher, Judging by your sig I see you got a new toy! I remember you talking about changing to a cruiser a long time ago..Didn't think it would happen though haha.

I ended up picking up a 04 600RR last summer, which I didn't have for very long at all before a pathfinder made a left turn in front of me on a 4 lane. ended up becoming good friends with his hood real fast. The car accident was just me being young and dumb and way over driving road conditions, I knew there was ice everywhere, but I kept speeding along anyways. I miss the crap out of that car though, I had alot of work and money into it mod wise.

edit, HC was a great, great man. I had nothing but respect for him. I bet alot of people miss him, Shadow.

Last edited by jdschmidt; 01-29-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back even though I don't know you...yet. Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck for sure. Hope the recovery continues to go well & your back on 2 wheels & 4 wheel soon. Sucks to hear a HEMI was destroyed, I have a R/T & feel your pain of your loss. Pm me if you are a true HEMI guy.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back, Jason.
I think Classic had it right with "..your run of bad luck is unsurpassed".
I wish you the best of good luck from here, man, and hope you get back in the saddle soon.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned

Hey JD, I remember you! I think last I talked to you, you were having shoulder surgery. Welcome back man! Sorry to hear about all of your misfortunes. Good luck with your next round of surgeries and I hope they are your last for a long long time.

Don't be a stranger and take care out there, we want you to be able to be young and stupid for many many years to come.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 PM

yep, actually ended up in 2 more surgeries for that shoulder, finally got it all fixed up. That was due to the F4I wreck. Surprisingly I didn't get hurt at all in the pathfinder wreck, but I didn't highside either, just kinda pulled a super man and bounced right up in shock. was stiff the next day, but that was it. The charger was worse, ( I am a true HEMI guy to ) I traded in an 06 mustang GT for it, cause the GT was lacking so much that the charger had. one test drive and I was signing papers to trade in the second I got back. Hopefully one more surgery for my back, which will get done in 2 monts. about a month to heal up and should be just in time for riding season. I have been in love with the green and black RR since it came out, so I am going to try really hard to get that one.

I see you still haven't changed the avatar weppley

Old 01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jdschmidt

I see you still haven't changed the avatar weppley
LOL That shows how long you've been gone. I've gone through a couple since I used that one last and only threw it back up for football season. I've been two lazy to change it to something different yet.

Quick Reply: Re-Intro!