New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Not new here, but its been a while

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not new here, but its been a while

Hello everybody, like the title says im not new here, but it has been a very long time since I was on. I will give a recap since there are probably a ton of new people, and all the one from back then probably dont remember me.

My name is Dennis. I am currently residing in beautiful Iraq. I am in the military as you probably figured out, my home station is Misawa Air Base, Japan. When I was on here last I was stationed in Arizona with a 2007 CBR600RR (God, I miss that bike) I had a little accident there with her, got order to Japan so I sold her and off I went.

I had hopes of buying a bike in Japan, but wouldnt you know it, they are more expensive here where they are made! Especially with our exchange rate the way it is. Along with a limited riding season here because of all the damn snow. But Omce I finally get out of the desert, I should only have a year left in Japan, and back top stateside, and I can purchase another 600RR.

I will try to keep this as short as possible, as to try not to bore you. Thanks for having me back!

-Dennis

Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 AM

Thank you for your service protecting, and promoting freedom for our Country and Iraq. I'm sure you are most welcome back into the CBR community and good luck snagging that bike when you get home........Tom

Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any member old or new serving his/her country always has a place here as I think
everyone else would certainly agree.

Good to see you back Dennis, looking forward to having you back stateside and back
on a nice CBR man. Keep safe.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Welcome back, japan huh are the movies truthfull with the streets just filled with hot babes i've always wanted to know the truth, i know.how you feel in iraq been there myself what base are you stationed at over there

Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys!

I am stationed at Joint Base Balad, or Balad AB. depends if you go by the new or old name. As for Japan, the movies are true if you are in Tokyo area. There are just countless numbers of beautiful women everywhere down there. But when you start heading up north, towards my neck of the woods. Not quite so much. Yes there still are some attractive women when you head out to the bars on the weekends and such. The malls have some good looking ladies too, but nothing like the movies up there. Its pretty country up in Misawa. But Japan is definitely a great place to live! Bikes areb pretty pricey over there, but cars are actually pretty cheap. So I guess there are pluses and minuses.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Thank you for your service!

And welcome back to the site. You'll have to keep us updated on what bikes you're looking to pick up.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back Dennis & thanks for protecting our way of life.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Dude that's BA i want to go to japan for real now damn... as for balad i have been there before that's where the main airbase or whatevere you want to call it is right next to liberty? Correct me if im wrong if so ill check my map when i get home

Old 11-18-2010, 01:50 PM

yeah +1 I would love to take a trip to Japan. I feel like I would get myself into trouble though

Old 11-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
yeah +1 I would love to take a trip to Japan. I feel like I would get myself into trouble though
No way nate we will go together ship ourselves our bikes so we can have them for the time being but we will have to leave our girls before we go