New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

noob wanting some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd buy whichever is in better condition. Contrary to popular belief no one is really going to OUTGROW a 600cc bike.

Well some. But not many. Either way it sounds like you have a good handle on everything so i'd purchase whichever is in better condition and leave it at that.

Welcome aboard!

Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally Id do the F4i... but I love pretty much everything about the F4/F4i platform..

side note: nate: for sale? Say it isnt so! You got some RR tail and now Izzy is being 'set free'? Great bike...

Old 11-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz

side note: nate: for sale? Say it isnt so! You got some RR tail and now Izzy is being 'set free'? Great bike...
Hahahah She's younger, more responsive, built for speed, not comfort. I feel like i'm 18 all over again!!

But seriously I'm not sure if I want to sell her . I wanted to give her to the lady and keep it in the family, but she wants something else.
So I was thinking maybe track bike. Or maybe just two bikes.

Or maybe sell.. I tossed an advert up on here, but no interest so far and when I tried to post up on the my local DC craigslist it went through but never showed up on the site.. I figured maybe its a sign.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 AM

when i got my first street bike alot of people said to get a 600 but when i made my purchase it ended up being a 97 gsxr 750 w/ stage 3 jets full yosh rs3 exhaust and ega fast as hell soooooo glad i did not listen to everyone! long and short of it you are the best judge but if you want my opinion 954 is the way to go

Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man

I would like to thow in some more of my 2cents the size power and capability is in the bike but if its used to its potential is up to the operator... you are old enough to know that the throttle is in your hand what you do is up to you. we may all say one thing but you know what your going to do and probably did before you made this post and everyone above me has made great imputs but please dont let us try to steer you away from whats going to make you happy its all about what your comfortable on and im sure all would agree size dosent matter if you wont go over 70 because on a 600 or a 1000 70 is well 70 both bikes are fully capable. but all in all it comes down to how i look at a lot of things. buying a bike is like buying clothes if its ugly you wouldnt buy it, if it dosent fit you wont even look at it only you know what fits you, thats why no one wears grandmas sweaters that we all got for christmas... good luck and ride responsible

Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM

You will out grow the 600 too soon and wish you had the 954. No replacement for displacement.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't wanna grow up! I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid!

Sorry just had to toss that out there. If I 'outgrow' the 600s, I'll stop riding

edited for honesty: I may outgrow my F4i. But there's always the 600rr and the new 600F is looking yummy too.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM

Thanks fellas for the insight..

A fellow co-worker just told me today that he would sell me his 2007 R6 with a helmet and jacket for 4G's.. Ive seen it, its in mint condition with only 13,000 miles on it.

From the quick diggin i did on the net it seems to be ~2G's under what they go for..

Whatcha think about the R6's?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Contrary to popular belief no one is really going to OUTGROW a 600cc bike.
Exactly what I've always thought Nate! I gurantee you'll out grow the style and age of your bike, before the power.

Not slamming Yamaha's, they make nice things... including pianos. Think about it.

Seriously though my brother in law has an 08 R6 with a grand into akropovic full system, ignition module and pcIII. We traded bikes on a ride down to Wabasha and personally I give that thing a score of lower than whale sh*t compared to my RR. Although his seat is a little more comfy, not by much though!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by MartiniRossy
Exactly what I've always thought Nate! I gurantee you'll out grow the style and age of your bike, before the power.

Not slamming Yamaha's, they make nice things... including pianos. Think about it.

Seriously though my brother in law has an 08 R6 with a grand into akropovic full system, ignition module and pcIII. We traded bikes on a ride down to Wabasha and personally I give that thing a score of lower than whale sh*t compared to my RR. Although his seat is a little more comfy, not by much though!
Really?

I was just thinking for a newer bike for 4G's I could easily turn around and sale it come next summer and make a profit.

Quick Reply: noob wanting some advice.