New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Noob from So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Noob from So Cal

Hi my name is Kristina and i just joined the forum because i just bought my first motorcycle and its a 95 CBR 600 F3 . Im so proud of my bike and what ive done. I bought it for 600 dollars off Ebay back in the beginning of june and just got it running a couple days ago. It purrs like a kitten! Ive done 98% of the work myself with a little help from my bf and my dad. Its tough getting respect for trying to work on my bike because im a woman, but i know im just as good as any other man just starting off in the world of riding.

So far Ive sprayed the carbs to freshen them up a bit, im going to be dipping the carbs soon with my friend; ive cleaned all the rust and nasty 3 year old grime off my baby, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, reconfigured the rear fender and taillight/license plate assembly, inventoried the nuts and bolts and have replaced most all of the missing pieces. Next on my list of things to do is troubleshoot why the speedo isnt working and why the temp gage goes through the roof when i turn on the highbeam, sand down and give my baby a new paint job, and also flush and replace the engine coolant.

Im 23 and have a little experience working on cars. this is the first time ive worked on a motorcycle and i love it. It seems a lot more simple than a car. Im going to try to post some pics but so far i havnt had luck. I think i have to make the pictures smaller. anyways thats me. I hope there will be some good discussions to look forward to.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well howdy hey. 95 F3 is my old bike. Loved her and she taught me a ton (especially new ways to express myself in vulgar terms when playing with the carbs). Sounds like you got your list together and are ready to tackle it.

Keep us posted with some pics as it progresses. Especially the paint. The F3s are great bikes and its nice to see them coming back

Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Well howdy hey. 95 F3 is my old bike. Loved her and she taught me a ton (especially new ways to express myself in vulgar terms when playing with the carbs). Sounds like you got your list together and are ready to tackle it.

Keep us posted with some pics as it progresses. Especially the paint. The F3s are great bikes and its nice to see them coming back
ya so far my vocabulary has expanded working on this bike. it doesnt help that im working in a non a/c garage in the middle of the desert during some of the hottest months of the year. haha i guess thats what i get for wanting my motorcycle

Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey there Kristina and Welcome!!

Originally Posted by Biker_Angel13
Its tough getting respect for trying to work on my bike because im a woman, but i know im just as good as any other man just starting off in the world of riding.

We all had to start somewhere and it sounds like you have got off to a super start with also working on your bike ... even with help it's simply the best way to get to know it and appreciate it for what it is ... also this way you can keep your bike safe without relying on others ... and yes, sometimes it is hard being a woman in the car and bike world, we have to be twice as good for half the praise ..lol

Take care and post up pics if you get a chance

Jules

Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM

I ride a 98 f3 and I can change oil, but I'm not exactly "engine smart" so I think it's totally awesome that you work on your own bike.

Anyway, welcome and keep us posted on your progress!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Where in SoCal do you live? Im in the IE, Hemet.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 PM

i live in the high desert, up in victorville. most people know it as the "truck stop" on the way to vegas. but its alot bigger than just a truck stop.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K, yea I know where that is. Used to live in Palmdale.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:26 AM

welcome to the forum kristina

Quick Reply: Noob from So Cal