New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

noob with a CBR300

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob with a CBR300

Hi all, I'm from Australia and I've just bought a brand new 2014 CBR300 two days ago. Had my first ride out with a mate last who's also a noob but rides a Ninja. Had to get used to riding manual as I've never driven manual in my life. Only got into bikes recently so I don't know much about bikes so I will be here to take in the wealth of knowledge available to me.

Name:  CBR.png
Views: 1571
Size:  495.2 KB

Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! The new lightweight bikes look really good.

I'm glad the riding bug has bitten you - take your time, don't ride above your limits.

Enjoy.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:01 AM

thanks, yeah it was a local ride on residential roads just to get used to the gears n clutch. No big roads for me yet.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Welcome Crew

Welcome and nice bike. I sat on a new 300 at a recent racing event, I really liked how high the bike sits you. I'm 6'3" and I ride my wife's Ninja 250 a lot, the 300 seemed a bit more comfy.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome, congrats on the 300, be safe and get out as often as you can

Old 09-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome aboard!

Old 09-14-2014, 01:22 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to the family.
great forum to get all your info from. a lot of great riding tips.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Would like to throw one of those 300's around. The feeling of brand new isn't too shabby either haha. Nice bike though. I bet its fun. Be careful bud. Obviously since you are a new rider there are things you are going to have to go through and it is your job as a new rider to pad those experiences as much as you can with education. Basically, you need to wear gear, all the time. It is going to be that time when you don't that you end up dropping it. Trust me, trust us, ask around. Its not if, its when. Being in absolute control, which is what you need to strive for, still doesnt make up the entire equation. Other cars, hazards, lack of experience etc. are just things you cannot account for exacts. As was stated dont ride above your head. Learn slow and wear protection to help you when unfortunate stuff happens. One of the best things about riding at least to me is the fact that I go out there and immerse myself in the ride. Become one with the bike, whatever but the fact that it MAKES me only think about that, all of the other BS in my life or good things dont matter. Its just the bike, the road, you. Keep it legit and keep your focus. Stick around, great place.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Official Glory Detailer

Hi and welcome to cbrf those 300s are great on the track!! Great choice

Old 09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Thanh!
Others mentioned taking it easy, and not riding over your head, and another advised gear at all times, and I most definitely cast my vote on those, too!

Gear at all times, for sure, you're a new rider, so just get used to the idea - helmet, proper riding jacket (with armor preferred), gauntlet gloves, and at least jeans, at all times! No slip-on shoes, and if you can afford it, and it works for where you're riding to, get at least some street boots, which aren't far off from sneakers in the looks department, but offer much better protection.

You NEVER know when some jerks going to change lanes into you, and shove you into the gutter, taking you down... this once happened to me, and thanks to my street boots, jacket, and gloves, instead of being road-rashed all over my left side, I only ended up with a wee bit on my knee!

Quick Reply: noob with a CBR300