New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

<- Newbie - Woodcraft rearsets ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <- Newbie - Woodcraft rearsets ?

Hi guys. I traded my 05 ninja 500R for an 01 cbr600 f4i (8k miles). The ninja is like a tin can compared to the cbr. Haven't got to ride it much at all since then... until now! Just getting it ready for riding season, oil, chain, tires, ect. Any other recommended servicing? CCT was done by PO.

Unfortunately my cbr was been dropped on both sides. However, I didn't realize that the rearset on the clutch side seems to be bent in a little. I was servicing the chain, which seemed to be awful grimey... Side question: Is the RK 525 the factory chain?

...I noticed that the shift lever linkage bushing had rubbed against the chain, all the grease came out and got all over the chain. Dammit! Haha. So I was gonna do the tires anyways. Now the rearset and maybe the chain... Are the Woodcraft rearsets pretty nice, worth the price? I think I need the full set, does that come with the shifter, linkage and everything to replace my broken stuff?

Is anyone parting out an f4i right now? Might be the more economical route, but I kinda want to pimp my cbr with the woodcraft stuff lol.

I'll probably be floating around these forums for a while. Seems like a great community. And the cbr seems like a great bike so far, not surprisingly, as Honda builds the best bikes.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

I like woodcraft a lot, I swear by their framesliders and clip-ons. I plan on getting new rearsets and theater on the table of options. And yes if you by the full set than you will have everything to replace the stock ones. Including a new shift rod. Oh and welcome.to the forum. It's a great place to hang out.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us.

Congrats on getting your F4i.

Yep, just do regular maintenance b/f riding. In addition to what you mentioned, be sure to check you brake system - pads, rotors, lines, & replace fluid if necessary.

Yes, RK & D.I.D are Honda oem suppliers. 525 is oem on 16/46 steel sprockets.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks for the welcomes... I will be looking at parts mostly. I just got my first good job with the union so planning to throw some money at this bike and get it performing safe and looking nice. I'm all hot for the white body and gold trim theme. Anyone got a bike looking like that?

Anyways, when I posted I didn't realize the woodcraft moves the pegs 1 inch up and back... Race style, I suppose. How does this affect riding position? I'm not looking for more lean as this will be more of a touring bike than anything. So I may just go with OEM.

Name:  IMAG0191.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  34.2 KB

It's got abrasions on both sides... ready for paint. Picked it up all stock with 8k mi for $2800.