New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie from the uk

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from the uk

Hi there,seems like you have a pretty helpful and friendly site going, have been watching for a short while and have decided to join , you will have to forgive any mistakes I may make, would usually rather be out riding with my son and son in laws on there VFR`s GSXR`s and Aprilia Mille and as usual I am the old man? Grandad keeping up the rear position on my 1988 CBR1000FJ ? So am not to good on the old computer unless it is searching for parts and help. but I was young and fast too at one time, Memories and quick reflexes can be a wonderful thing! I started riding and tinkering with any powered two wheeler at the age of 11 years old, so have been doing it for around 41 years now, but am still learning everyday! I will try to insert a couple of pictures of my bikes from my recent past as well as from a few years ago. in my biking career have sometimes owned as many as 5 motorcycles at once! I sound like a terrible father now? my kids did have decent clothes and shoes for school and there part time jobs before and after school times LOL, must have a problem somewhere! I recently tried to recount all the bikes I have owned but gave up after 85! myself and my wife had had enough by then. unfortunately she doesn't like to ride pillion so much any more but enjoys it when she can be persuaded, so here goes with trying to insert a couple of the pics, !! have just spent the last 5 minutes trying to download the pictures and failed miserably although judging by the laughter from my wife and myself it shows i am no Bill Gates . Really sorry guys will retry when my grandchildren come around again to visit. Happy and safe riding to all

Rod

Old 03-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello and welcome! Photobucket.com is how I upload my photos for when I want to use them on this site. Enjoy your stay and comradery, post a lot and share much!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 AM

Thanks for the help LilRed, have done as you suggested and put some pictures on that website, [http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q510/RodneyReason/] hope they are ok, have included the old and my latest machine my CBR1000FJ which for some reason I love??? although this morning a sound like a cam-chain noise was beginning to make itself heard! oh well out with the tools, and I will try to get a look at the pictures ButtHead1000 has posted to make it a manual one, it seems I have not got enough access rights yet Thanks again

Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Rod! Glad you found us & like what we have to offer. Its always good to add a new member that has experience. 85 bikes?!? That's incredible. The stories you can tell... :-)

Yep, Photobucket is handy for pics. Here's a helpful tip for pics...https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...-posts-104022/.

Good to have you w/ us!

Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks again for the help gotcbr, as you can see my previous attempt again failed to open the pictures I put on there! will try what you suggested and see what happens. The links on modified CCT seem to want a externally adjustable tensioner, the problem at first glance seems to be the camchain and associated metal bracketing are in the way? Am going to try and obtain secondhand CCT that has failed and also a cambox cover, take plenty of photos and dimensions then try to sit down and work it out. I enjoy problems like that as I used to be a fabricator welder, have restored many four and two wheeled vehicles. Usefully I work in the civil aviation industry as a HGV driver in the morning then a repair engineer in the afternoon working with aluminium, am also a coded welder as part of my skills TIG and MIG. it may take a while but am determined to crack the problems with expansion and alignment. If it works will take photos and maybe video the process. try pasting this link to my photo bucket
If it works I hope you find them of some interest, and in answer to your early questions about many tales, there are many funny ones and if I get time I will relate them to the forum. Ride happy Rod