New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Texas

Hey Forum,

I'm new to the site (first post) and just picked up my first bike this weekend. It's a yellow 2003 CBR600RR w/ 14k miles. It looks and runs great so far. I had the owner drive it over to my place, didn't want to drive across Houston traffic as a newbie. Then I took it around the block.

I've ridden dirt in the past but this is my first street bike. I'm happy to be a new CBR owner. I take care of all of my stuff and I'm looking forward to this new journey.

I bought the bike with a helmet but I'm hoping to get gloves and a rear stand soon so I can change the oil. No real mods planned, just want to enjoy and keep in great condition.

Any first time owner's tips/hints feel free to lay it down for me. First plan to check air in both tires, change oil and lube chain. Any other recommendations for a new owner???

Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Welcome to the Honda family...wise choice for a first bike. You won't be disappointed. Have you taken the MSF course yet?

As far as advice, get proper gear before you start riding. Also, for a rear stand check out T-Rex stands- I think they are the best quaility-price matchpoint.

With 14k miles you shouldn't have too much to worry about, these bikes are pretty much bullet proof. Any rattling sound at 3k-6k RPM's? If so check out the CCT thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:36 PM

I have not taken the course yet, but it's on my list of "to-do's" in the next month. I only have a helmet now, but from what I've heard/read, I need a set of gloves and a good jacket.

I found the T-rex bike stands on Ebay for ~$120 (front and rear w/ spools). Not sure I need front but some day I want to try and go to the track.

No rattles or anything that I know of just yet. More to come....

Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

Yeah- the basics you should have before you even ride the bike is a helmet,jacket, and gloves. ESPECIALLY if you have not taken the MSF course.

Have patience and get the gear before you start venturing out.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

And oh yeah I think the prices are slightly cheaper if you buy direct from TREX's site....might be wrong though I purchased mine about 6 months ago.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Usually not a fan of yellow...but that is really nice

Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM

Thanks man. I agree, not a big fan of yellow but the bike really stood out when I saw it. I think it may have been resprayed at one point (can't tell up close) because it doesn't have the factory "CBR" and "Honda wings decals. Any idea where I can pick up some factory decals?

Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

A lot of places sell them.....heard good things about replicals.com although I have never purchased anything from them.

My opinion, it looks good without the decals.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned

Are you sure those aren't aftermarket fairings? Isn't the lower cowl usually a different color?

Last edited by kazspeed; 04-04-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Newbie from Texas