New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie Member from Reno, NV. (PICS ADDED!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Member from Reno, NV. (PICS ADDED!!!)

I used to race cars up until a few years ago. Had a 1994 Pontiac Firehawk w/ a 396 LT1 stroker motor, pushing close to 540rwhp (for those of you who even care about cars :P) Anyway, it got too expensive w/o sponsors and I've always had the itch for something on 2 wheels.

Needless to say, I sold the Hawk, took that money and bought a SWEET barely used 2006 Pearl Orange/Tribal 600RR!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still pretty new to street bikes but grew up on dirt bikes. Had my first lay down lowside crash today too but I'm ok. Just bruised my hand and scraped my knee a little but you can read the story on that one at my post over on 600rr.net > http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119798

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome.

P.S. Let me know if any of you guys/girls are near Reno/Carson City/Fernley/Sparks/Tahoe.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Member from Reno, NV.

hey Keegan and welcome to the forums!! :-)

The bike sounds nice, hope you enjoy your stay here ...

Take care and ride safe!! :-)

Jules

Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Forum !
Glad you survived you 'off'
Visit often - much to see.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Banned

Welcome to CBRF Keegan!! Good luck with the new bike and post up some pics of herwhen you getthe chance.

Have a good time in here and take care "out there".

Old 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Welcome bro, I used to party alot in Reno and Tahoe back in the late 80's early 90's. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Thanks everyone. Here are a few pics of my "get off" from yesterday morning. I'll also post some of the whole bike (when it was still 100% complete)

Here is a pic of me and my daughter the day I bought the bike back in August.

Here's one after the wheel stripes, tank pad, & stomp grip install

NOW FOR THE CRASH PICS:
Here is the main road rash that my bike sustained. The Shogun Crash Kit took the rest of the damage quite well.

(Yes, that's a Jager-rator in the background - why it's in the garage and not in the house being used you may ask? I am selling the house and my realtor figures that sends the wrong message to perspective buyers....:-P )

The only physical damage to myself.

The Shogun Frame Slider

The Rear Shogun Spool

The Shogun Bar End

Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 AM

It's a shame to scratch up such a purdy bike. Looks like the sliders performed well.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

PLEASE NOTE
You might want to just copy and paste that story to here if you would not mind ASAP
We have a strict policy of not promoting nor advertising other Motorcycle forums ...
Thanks for your cooperation
Sorry bout that. Here's the scoop on the crash....

FROM KEEGAN:
Pulled out of my street this morning and laid her down. I am ok. Just got a good rasberry road rash burn on my right knee. I hit my hand on the concrete but was wearing gloves (& helmet, astars cordura coat). Everyone stopped and offered assistance so that was cool. The bike was ok too, for the most part. The crash kit did it's job and took the brunt of the force. Only damage was some scrapes to the front brake lever, right mirror, right foot pegs, and the right rear tail section got ground down a bit - past the paint to the black plastic underneath. I'm just happy to be alive and not run over or something. I'm not even too sure where the error occured because it all happened so quickly. I do know that it was cold out (29*) so not sure if the cold ground & tires contributed. I didn't gun it but I did have to get up to speed in order to merge into traffic. (very busy road and no stop light - just a stop sign) I was also pretty tired and probably had poor riding posture. Who knows...all of those things probably contributed. Oh well. At least I'm alive right?

Quick Reply: Newbie Member from Reno, NV. (PICS ADDED!!!)