New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie lol

Hey everyone my name is Eric and obviously I am new to the forum here. I do not currently own a bike BUT am soon going to be the proud owner of a new 2008 CBR 600RR. I have been driving dirt bikes and four-wheelers for the last 13 Years (btw im only 21) so i know the basics of how to ride one instead of some ppl how its their first time using a clutch with their hands lol

I also have some minor questions about the bike. For instance, I know u can get flush mounts for turn signals on the newer models but what about the brake light? do they make the mounts for those yet?

Also, I am thinking about lowering the bike almost instantly but am undecided right now. The reason being is that I am 5'-7" and I am not sure how well my short a$$ legs are going to reach the ground. I have heard of the "thinning of the seat" trick but not sure if I want to cut into my new baby.

I am sure more questions will be posted when I get her but for now that is all.

I am very excited to start learning more and more about street bikes as time goes on.

Cheers

Eric

Old 08-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Eric,

Welcome to the Forum and (soon to be) CBR ownership! Take a look into your local Motorcycle Safety Program. It will really help you transition from the dirt to the street. Plus, it may even help with your insurance cost. Being a 21 year old male with a sportbike can be a real bugger.

My buddy cleaned up the back of his bike with a tail piece like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...=p4506.c0.m245
It looks pretty legit.

As far as lowering your bike, I would treat it as a pretty important decision. Unless you absolutely can't find a safe, comfortable riding position with the stock set-up. Anytime you change the physics of the bike, you're messing with how it was designed to be ridden. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your new bike and keep us posted. Pictures are nearly a must when you pick it up.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by mr_santini
Eric,

Welcome to the Forum and (soon to be) CBR ownership! Take a look into your local Motorcycle Safety Program. It will really help you transition from the dirt to the street. Plus, it may even help with your insurance cost. Being a 21 year old male with a sportbike can be a real bugger.

My buddy cleaned up the back of his bike with a tail piece like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...=p4506.c0.m245
It looks pretty legit.

As far as lowering your bike, I would treat it as a pretty important decision. Unless you absolutely can't find a safe, comfortable riding position with the stock set-up. Anytime you change the physics of the bike, you're messing with how it was designed to be ridden. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your new bike and keep us posted. Pictures are nearly a must when you pick it up.
Thanks for the reply!

I have already picked up some safety gear for the new bike. I have also been reading up on bike safety in the streets. Insurance is def going to be a pain! lol

Yes i agree with your statement as far as lowering the bike. Its def risky messing with with suspension on these things ive heard. I do own a performance shop where we do EFI tuning on a Dyno Jet so im hoping to mess with it a little over there

And pics will def be up the moment i get her back to the house!!!! Id say another 2-3 weeks and ill have it.

Very excited!