New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

NEWBIE CBR 600 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBIE CBR 600 F4i

Hey Guys just picked mine up yesterday and cannot wait to learn to ride.

This is my first street bike I have been on dirt bikes when I was younger but that has been about it.

I have always been a Car person and have had pretty decent cars with decent power. Currently I have a 2008 G8 GT so moving to a bike is night and day for me. I'm not a NEWB to forums so I know that searching is my best friend otherwise I will need a Flame suit or end up as Epic Fail.

I also have read on a few forums I belong to that I DO NOT need to put NOS energy in my gas tank in my bike as Octane booster HAHAHA I read the thread about that guy and Died.

Anyways look forward to the new Experience.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rican219

This is my first street bike I have been on dirt bikes when I was younger but that has been about it.

I have always been a Car person and have had pretty decent cars with decent power. Currently I have a 2008 G8 GT so moving to a bike is night and day for me. I'm not a NEWB to forums so I know that searching is my best friend otherwise I will need a Flame suit or end up as Epic Fail.

I also have read on a few forums I belong to that I DO NOT need to put NOS energy in my gas tank in my bike as Octane booster HAHAHA I read the thread about that guy and Died.

lol, get gear, consider taking the MSF course, and just take it easy n respect the bike. Although is tame in the lower rpms, the throttle can still take you by surprise, and the brakes can get you too

welcome to the cbr family.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks man look forward to it. Already signed up for the course and will get permit next weekend.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome dude!!! Congrats on the new (to you) bike!

Glad to hear you're taking it safe and taking the safety course... very wise choice

And you're in Lawrenceville, huh?? I'm in Winder.... like 20 mins away! You should come out to bike night tonight... there's 2, one at Nacho Daddys/Johnnys Pizza on Sugarloaf right past Five Forks. Other is at Lawrenceville Hooters... 316 & 120

Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi
Welcome dude!!! Congrats on the new (to you) bike!

Glad to hear you're taking it safe and taking the safety course... very wise choice

And you're in Lawrenceville, huh?? I'm in Winder.... like 20 mins away! You should come out to bike night tonight... there's 2, one at Nacho Daddys/Johnnys Pizza on Sugarloaf right past Five Forks. Other is at Lawrenceville Hooters... 316 & 120
Man I'm not far from that hooters I live right by the Gwinett Stadium but time is tight this week on account of my attaching the ole ball and chain on Friday (Marriage) LOL

Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. like was said before, take it easy on the throttle. That bike has a lot of kick for a noob, but its controllable as long as you take it easy. I have an F2 and I test drove an F4i last nite. The controls are definitely more sensitive. Lets see some pics.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by (951) Baby Shortee
Welcome. like was said before, take it easy on the throttle. That bike has a lot of kick for a noob, but its controllable as long as you take it easy. I have an F2 and I test drove an F4i last nite. The controls are definitely more sensitive. Lets see some pics.
I have to take some but been Hella busy so I will try to get some up This weekend after I install my HID's

Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM

dont worry jose, you will be tearing up the mountains in no time with me and a few others.....

hit me up when ya get aroud the house tonight...

Old 06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums Rican!! :-)

Enjoy the F4i and stay safe

Jules :-)

Old 06-18-2009, 07:53 PM
BTR

Originally Posted by Rican219

welcome man.

i got my permit last week, my MSF course is over tomorrow and i bought my CBR today!

Quick Reply: NEWBIE CBR 600 F4i