New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

im glad i found this site, i usually dont mess around on the computer (they have a tendency to screw up when im around) but you seem to be a good group of guys willing to give advice to thoes of us who are where you used to be. i just bought my first bike its an '87 hurricane with original paint job. if there is anything a new rider with this bike should know like things to keep an eye on besides the road let me know. im sure i should spend time first getting comfortable but what are some easy mods for the mechanically inclinned? and what is a good pair of shoes? icon?
thanks guys/gals

Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Default RE: newbie

[sm=welcomesign.gif]
'87 hurricane with original paint job
If you can post some pics. That's akeeper right there. Good luck with it.

anything a new rider with this bike should know like things to keep an eye on besides the road let me know
Everything! It comes with miles. You'll get used to noticing things that if you were in a car you probably wouldn't even see. Just pay attention and taking a MSF course won't hurt either.

what are some easy mods for the mechanically inclinned?
Tell you the truth I would leave the bike alone for now. Keep it stock and just get use to it first.

and what is a good pair of shoes?
You want riding shoes, boots or race style boots? Personaly I prefer race boots. I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots (second set)that are a couple years old now. I't been a long time since I've ridden in something other than boots and probably won't do it ever again. That's how much I love them and how important it is to protect your feet. I guess you feel that way too or you woulndn't be looking for a set of riding shoes. key is try a couple diferent styles on and see what you like.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Default RE: newbie

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Default RE: newbie needs advice

hey thanks alot for the advice ive already gotten. finally i managed to attach some pics. i think youre absolutely right about leaving things be for now certainly no engine upgrades, but i am excited to have fun tinkering with and learning the basics- maybe something simple like a small set of led lights just inside the vents of the fairing to give the bike the image of a glowing center? if you know what i mean. i am a little impaitient and anxiuos cause my first bike has been a distant hope for 6 years and here it is- finally. things are so muchmore fulfillingwhen you work hard for them.
chao!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14168/193D22D703124D60B3D0CB55162CE6BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Default RE: newbie needs advice

Welcome to the site.

Nice looking bike!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Default RE: has anyone tried this-

ya, thanks.
does anyone know where to pick up a tinted visor for a 'zox' helmet.
Just a thought - would that film from a do-it-yourself window tint work on the plastic of a visor, or even the windscreen?