New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbi saying HI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbi saying HI!!!

Hello one and all

My name is Dave, I'm 28 years young, and I'm from Bristol/England. Have just bought an '89 CBR600F as per my sig below, and thought I'd join up on a forum for technical advise as I'm a bit out of my depth with bike mechancs, last bike I owned was a full power RS125, nearly 10 years ago, and stopped biking after being hit off it at 80mph [:@]

I'm a keen motor racing enthusiast,staff member/moderator of a motorsport club, and even run my own track car ahandfull of times a year at tracks around england.

This bike is a winter run around, picked it up really cheap as cosmetically it needs a bit of attention, seems a good runner tho. Will prob be asking loads of questions soon enough

Well thats about me, anything you wanna know just ask?!

Dave

Old 10-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Default RE: Newbi saying HI!!!

Cheers mate, its great to be back on 2 wheels, and to find a friendly community of bikes too!!

Was overtaking a car at about 80 and he pulled out into my path, went down the side of his car and then span into oncomming traffic!! thankfully only damage wasto my collarbone where I hit his car but the bike was more or less totall'd, after that I concentrated on cars as the missus deemed it less dangerous lol

Old 10-30-2008, 10:56 AM

Welcome to the forum man!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:41 PM

hey and welcome to the forum

Old 10-30-2008, 01:20 PM

many thanks for the welcomes guys

yeah she is still quite powerfull, even for an old bike, been out on her again today and I've still got a smile on my face, even had a little play with a new gsxr600, obviously I wasnt as fast but think I suprised him still as he didnt loose me. Can feel my ***** coming back but still bottling it a bit through the corners, fingers crossed some new tyres will sort that out, the rear is too big and has crowned a bit makingcornering a bit sketchy.

Picked up oil, filter and washer, fuel filter, air filter, and 4 sparkies earlier, gonna get and do them tomorrorw, and at the same time have a good poke round for anything else that needs replacing. Even managed to get 10% discount on all the parts just by chatting to the guy, gotta love trade

Old 10-31-2008, 06:35 AM

oh dont worry mate I have no intention of pushing anywhere near what I think is either my personal limits or the limits of my bike, not for the moment anyway, i remember what the gound feels like when it hits me and I dont wanna go there again lol [:'(]

Gonna go out and see if I can fit all the service items I have in a bit, hopefully this will iron out the flat spotsin the revs[8D]

then its just the cosmetics to worry about

Quick Reply: Newbi saying HI!!!