New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newb in TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb in TX

Please allow me to introduce myself: Currently ride an ST1300 which I truly enjoy for what it is. Smooth, maintenance free, fast enough, luggage, etc.

Drawback: a little on the heavy side. Ok, it's heavy but not as much as the Electra Glide that I previously owned.

So I'm trolling, err lurking, to read comments, praises, likes/dislikes of the CBR family. I am flip flopping on what additional bike, if any, should find a place in the garage.

Bikes I am considering include: VFR 800, CBR 600 F4, Blackbird, V-Strom and give me more time I will add a few more. What the intended purpose would be daily commuter to possibly weekend rides. Anything longer than a couple days, the ST gets the call.

(I'm a man of wealth and taste.)

Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF Gart!

Glad you found us & have been viewing our forum. There is lots of info here to be had.

All of the bikes you are considering are good bikes...ea w/ its own characteristics that make it uniquely its own. You are obviously weighing the pros & cons of ea for your intended purpose. Good luck w/ you choice & shopping for the right bike.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Good to have you w/ us.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Gart...hey, where's the love for the 900rr...LOL..

Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Howdy from Scott in Oklahoma!
I too am a new member of this site and have found it to be helpful and friendly. I like it a lot!
Where in Texas are you located? I see you are looking at sport bikes. Have you checked out the CMRA for the racing there? Excellent tracks and good people. If you go to my site you can find links to the club as well as other road racing clubs. I recently picked up a F3 and I am going to prep that for racing and already have had folks on this board steer me in the right direction. Nothing bad here for sure!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you don't commute on the st1300? i'd get something totally different. so, the f4 would get the nod for me. however, the viffer is kind of in the same realm of the st1300 if you wanted something similar, however, not as big and a bit more sporty. it's a great commuter, great motor, comfy, and fun

Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
you don't commute on the st1300? i'd get something totally different. so, the f4 would get the nod for me. however, the viffer is kind of in the same realm of the st1300 if you wanted something similar, however, not as big and a bit more sporty. it's a great commuter, great motor, comfy, and fun
W/ the F4, one can find themselves sport-commuting (as I like to call it). Ask me how I know. All j/k aside, its a great bike for commuting, sport-touring, wknd twisties, & track. It a very versatile bike. At 370 lbs, its flickable fun.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Default Replies

Scott I live about 10 miles south of Denton. Been through the State of Oklahoma a few times. I'll look into the CMRA and see if that spurs any interest.

Estate4life the 900RR has been added to the list

Conrice the ST is used as my commuter but just thinking of something maybe 100, no 200, pounds lighter. It's a great bike as it is. Wintertime makes my mind wander towards new toys.

Thanks all for the welcome.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 AM

Welcome!!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome

Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR forum Gart,

If you are looking for a replacement with great get up and go, sheer road presence, a loyal, dedicated following on the CBR Forum who will move heaven and earth to provide support and advice to maintain your new ride, there is only one

While your list is good, and the boys above have provided you with clues as to which bike you need, they have been rather coy.

The CBR1000F.

Venerable, reliable, pulls like a steam train, handles like it's on rails, winner of the Ride Of The Month for the last 4 months.................

I honestly do not know what more you could want.

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: Newb in TX