New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newb 06 1kRR Jax, NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb 06 1kRR Jax, NC

Hey everyone! New guy to the site, been on for a few months researching parts and potential problems/ issues with the bike I bought. The bike is red/black I bought a few months ago and was bone stock except a K&N filter. So far, I've installed Two Bros Black Series Carbon Slip On, CRG RC2 levers, Shogun Frame and swingarm sliders, hotbodies flushmounts and a targa fender eliminator.
I come from dirtbikes, used to race hare scramble and climbed all the way up to a 450 before I joined the Marine Corps. Hadn't really rode too much since I joined and decided to get back into it, so I got the CBR. So far have had a blast with it, can't belive it's taken me this long to get a streetbike.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to cbrf. thanks for your service to our great country. i have a pretty good friend that joined the marine corps about a year ago - he was at parris island during xmas last year for basic. and considering we're only 2 days past veterans day - thanks again so much.

it sounds like you're well on your way with your cbr. having dirt experience helps as i'm sure you've found out thus far. glad you're enjoying it.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
That's a lot of bike to start riding on the street with, but a really nice one. You will have loads of fun on it. Get up some pics soon!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I grew up riding dirt/motocross as well. It def helps w/ transitioning to street riding.

Sounds like you've been busy modding & enjoying your CBR. Good stuff.

Wear your gear & be safe out there. Welcome to CBRF. :-)

Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM

It's my pleasure Conrice, I've been in 10 years now, been deployed to Iraq once, Afghanistan 3 times and and a Naval ship once.
Taking my time with the learning curve 74Demon, the BRC on base definitely helped me get back in the groove. Scheduled for the sportbike course next month too. I know about respecting power, my last project was a twin turbo 02 Saleen Mustang that made 680 hp that I gradually stepped the power up to.
Appreciate the welcomes! Looking forward to picking your brains about parts and riding techniques! Put mine on the 1/8 mile the other day for the first time and came away with a 7.35 @ 107 with a 2.0 short time so I still have a lot to learn!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Sorry about the double post, I didn't think it sent because it didn't show up. I read the second time that a moderator has to approve it. Don't know how to upload pics, the 'Insert Image' asks for a url, and I don't have a photobucket account.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a prob. I took care of it. ;-)

For pics, check this thread in the Forum Help & Suggestion Ctr...https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...-posts-104022/. Personally, I prefer Photobucket.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpdJky
It's my pleasure Conrice, I've been in 10 years now, been deployed to Iraq once, Afghanistan 3 times and and a Naval ship once.
Taking my time with the learning curve 74Demon, the BRC on base definitely helped me get back in the groove. Scheduled for the sportbike course next month too. I know about respecting power, my last project was a twin turbo 02 Saleen Mustang that made 680 hp that I gradually stepped the power up to.
Appreciate the welcomes! Looking forward to picking your brains about parts and riding techniques! Put mine on the 1/8 mile the other day for the first time and came away with a 7.35 @ 107 with a 2.0 short time so I still have a lot to learn!
those military courses are really good - i'm glad to see you taking those. any pictures of the stang?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM

I'll try this out, I can't create a photo album on here to load them up, awaiting moderator approval.
One of the bike when I bought it:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater
First round of mods (sliders, Fender elim, flush signals)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater
Don't want to post up the new exhaust until I trim up the gnarly stock undertail heat shield ;-)
The Saleen with an MV-22 Osprey
Facebook
The turbo kit
Facebook
A video of the Saleen on the dyno after tuning

Quick Reply: Newb 06 1kRR Jax, NC