New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new to streetbikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to streetbikes

Hey guys, I just joined today while browsing some of the forum, seems like a sweet place for info. I'm 21 and going to graduate college in the spring, and I plan on getting myself a cbr as a graduation present . I've ridden quads and dirtbikes my whole life (always honda!) and i think i'm ready to get into these machines. I won't be able to spend alot, but i'm thinking of getting an older cbr600, late 90's or ealy 2000's. I read the FAQ's on them on here, i'm just wondering if anyone has any other advice for when i start looking, it won't be for a little bit but i want to be prepared! I have general knowledge of maintenance and what not, because I always kept my bikes and quads in good shape, so i hope that won't be much of an issue. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and when you get your bike lets some pics.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard STITCHv! Glad you found us & joined. Yes, we've got lots of helpful info & members here willing to help.

A CBR is an excellent graduation present! :-) Take your time & do your research b/f you buy. Be sure to read as many online buying guides as you can find. While we have some great tips here, be sure to google the topic & you'll get lots.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Stitchv. I'm sure you will find all the help and info you need here. I've been riding for 7 years so if there is anything I can do for you feel free to ask. Jamie