New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new to the sportbike world

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the sportbike world

Hey guys,

I just bought by first sportbike today. I got a 2012 1000RR. Ive already talked to some people here and got some great input, so thanks for that. Looking forward to being a part of this community.new to the sportbike world-cam00834.jpg

Attached Thumbnails new to the sportbike world-cam00837.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM

Welcome to CBRF... That 1000rr is a hellva a bike... Looks real nice...

Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome tony
thats a lush looking 1000rr congrats on your purchase , make sure you get over to the 1000rr section to say hello , where abouts you from

Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

Congratulations on the purchase of your CBR - post some pictures when you can so we can enjoy it too.

Cheers, SB

Old 02-19-2014, 04:39 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. What is your past history with motorcycling? Take it easy on it for a bit and get used to the ergos and power of the bike. Cheers.

-Poss

Old 02-19-2014, 05:17 AM

I'm from upstate NY (On the Canadian border a bit from Vermont) so unfortunatly I still have some time to wait The first bike I ever owned was a Yamaha RS Midnight Warrior which is a bigger muscle bike. I had that for 2 summers and sold it. One of my good buddies has an RC-51 that i've taken on a few trips, so I have some experience with these bikes. I will be taking it very easy until I learn the bike real well, plus I can't afford a speeding ticket, so that should be ok. Does rolling it to the back of my garage and driving forward slowly in first gear, just to back it up and do it again count? LOL I had to do that a few times last night

Old 02-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! That's a really cool graphics kit! Sorry to hear you're in upstate NY - I've been told the weather has been terrible recently (plus a general understanding of geography tells me there's still a ton of snow on the ground, right?)! I hope it melts and you guys have a really mild spring and you get to put some miles on that beat really quick.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome Crew Technician

Originally Posted by Tony Bogart
I'm from upstate NY (On the Canadian border a bit from Vermont) so unfortunatly I still have some time to wait The first bike I ever owned was a Yamaha RS Midnight Warrior which is a bigger muscle bike. I had that for 2 summers and sold it. One of my good buddies has an RC-51 that i've taken on a few trips, so I have some experience with these bikes. I will be taking it very easy until I learn the bike real well, plus I can't afford a speeding ticket, so that should be ok. Does rolling it to the back of my garage and driving forward slowly in first gear, just to back it up and do it again count? LOL I had to do that a few times last night
Ahh, best friend of mine lives in upstate NY. North of albany area. Whole east coast is getting pounded this winter thats for sure. Its rough but hopefully it clears up soon. Good luck with it bud.

-Poss

Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
Ahh, best friend of mine lives in upstate NY. North of albany area. Whole east coast is getting pounded this winter thats for sure. Its rough but hopefully it clears up soon. Good luck with it bud.

-Poss
Thanks, It's def. been one of those winters I regret getting rid of my sleds...lol. It will be over soon though and I can enjoy my new toy I am about 3 hours north of Albany, close to the northern side of the foot hills of the adirondack mountains , 1000 islands region. I'm 45 mins from both each in a different direction.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:19 AM

Welcome to CBRF Tony,
I joined yesterday so guess that makes me old school now haha.
Cant see the bike on my mobile but will check it out when i get home.
Cheers
KB

Quick Reply: new to the sportbike world