New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to site and bikes from Louisiana

Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site and bikes from Louisiana

Hello All.
As the title of the thread indicates I'm new to the motorcycle world and naturally have plenty of questions. I'm 6'6" 225 and am thinkin about getting a CBR600F2 as my first bike, I really had my eye on themore recentCBR600RR or the F4i. But after reading how many people advise against noobs going after new bikes, I had a change of heart. Granted I have never sat in either one yet, but given my size and dimensions what are your opinions on a bike this size and someone of my build. I plan on getting the bike sometime in the next 6 months and during that time I would like to familiarize myself with the mechanics ofthe modern sportbike by reading forums suchs as this and picking up magazine subscriptions. BTW, which magazine out there is the most technically intensive? I plan on picking up a couple subscriptionsASAP and was wondering which mag consistently puts out the most techincally informative stuff, as I dont care too much for just flashy pictures and ads.

During my 6 monthwait for the bikeI will be signing up fora localMSF course to aide in learning how to ride smart and responsibly. My question here is whether or not it would be better to learn on what ever bike they hand out for the course or to come in on one of similar size and dimensions of the F2? Also, is the written exam something that has to be taken prior to taking the MSF course? And finally, how long is the grace period to get endorsed, after one successfully completes the MSF course?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Default RE: New to site and bikes from Louisiana

Hello & Welcome!!

Well...it will suit you just fine.Good Luck with it!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 PM

I am from erath, La. and I think you will love any cbr. If you are close to erath,La. we possibly could take a ride togehter sometimes. Keep in touch and hope you injoy your bike when you get it,

Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Welcome to the site!!! I'm only 5'7" 180lbs and my bike feels amazing (besides trying to back it up, both feet don't touch the ground all the way). I think you should be very comftorable on the F2, RR or F4i and will be able to handle it very well. Just get through the MSF and take it easy. You CAN handle a 600rr or F4i as your first bike, just ride within your limts.