New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New from Riverside CA,

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Riverside CA,

Well I never thought in a million years I would ever buy a Honda and here I am. My very first bike was the Kawi zx12r Ninja witch is still sitting in my garage. I plan on turning it to a drag bike. I just wanted to say Now I fully understand why everyone raves about the 600's. I used to be the kind of guy if it ain't 1000+ it ain't a real bike. I sit hear eating my words because this bike (05' cbr 600) is the most fun damn thing I have ever ridin in my life. I am actually learning how to ride street bikes now. Can't wait to get my track license and really open this baby up.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New from Riverside CA,

Welcome to the Forum !
We like to know a bit about you, your name, where you're from, etc so please fill in the details on your avatar page.
You prefer a 600 to a 1200 (a ZX12R no less) ??, and the ZX12R was your first bike.....??
Been riding long ?

Post up some pics of your bikes - enjoy what the site has to offer.

CS - blckout15 again ?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Yep the 12 was my first bike. People said I was crazy. Six years later I'm still alive. Damn bike is FAST! I have only been riding for six years and I now wish I put them on the 600. I still prefer the 12 but I gotta say around town it's a beast. For now I only use the 600 but when I get the itch for some speed,I bring out the 12.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Tank and welcome to the forums!! :-)

I too also feel the 600s can be a lot more fun than the real biggies out there.

I have ridden several bigger bikes and with higher capacity usually goes more bulk (not always, think 1000rr) but also longer gear ratios ie, more tourer spacings ..thing I like about the six is the close ratio and short gearing which makes blatting through the gears up to speed an absolutle joy.

I once had a go on an old fireblade 900 and the first thing I immediately noticed was the much taller first gear, so for me 600s represent a lot more fun especially on the types of roads and the kinds of riding I do here in the UK :-)

I hope you enjoy your stay here, ride well and be safe!!

Jules

Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Tank951

Well I never thought in a million years I would ever buy a Honda and here I am. My very first bike was the Kawi zx12r Ninja witch is still sitting in my garage. I plan on turning it to a drag bike. I just wanted to say Now I fully understand why everyone raves about the 600's. I used to be the kind of guy if it ain't 1000+ it ain't a real bike. I sit hear eating my words because this bike (05' cbr 600) is the most fun damn thing I have ever ridin in my life. I am actually learning how to ride street bikes now. Can't wait to get my track license and really open this baby up.
hey i said the SAME THING two weeks ago that i would never own a honda also.Always had Suzuki gsxr's 750's and 1000's and also have a hyabusa 1300..i always told myself that i would never go below a 750..But now here i am with a honda cbr and a 600..but your right this Little bike is pretty quick...i killed 2 birds with 1 stone..But welcome..

Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never understood the bias against Hondas from some?? ... I have always found them to the most reliable and well built of all bikes, the paint always seems that much thicker and the platings too ... they seem to take more wet weather/winter abuse than others ..I have seen a Yamaha look 20 years old after just one winter ... Hondas just exude quality :-)

Jules

Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

welcome man , question are you affiliated with the Ronin MC out of pittsburg,ca ?

Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 AM

down the roadfrom you near Escondido......welcome

Quick Reply: New from Riverside CA,