New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new Rider saying HI

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new Rider saying HI

thread killer[:'(]

Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 AM

welcome to the forum be carefull

Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

They have fender elimenater kits for that but I think the previous owner of mine just hacked it off and drilled holes in the remainder of it and put the turn signals by the rear pegs. I also suggest you get a D&D pipe for the bike, I have one and LOVE the sound. It is kinda loud but it still has a deep tone as aposed to the high pitched weed wacker sounding Japanese pipes.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 AM

Welcome to the site guys! .. what you are talking about is the FE kits and I do be they make one for your bike. One suggestion Id make is you might want to throw a pair of frame sliders on your baby to protect it from a low speed or parking drop. Also, take the MSF course and get your endorsement that way. There is a lot of good information that can be taken away from that class.

Wonder... Is this your first bike?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Welcome to the site guys! .. what you are talking about is the FE kits and I do be they make one for your bike. One suggestion Id make is you might want to throw a pair of frame sliders on your baby to protect it from a low speed or parking drop. Also, take the MSF course and get your endorsement that way. There is a lot of good information that can be taken away from that class.

yea it is.

I know its BIG, fully aware of it. Heres my view. Ill do light riding on it..If it feels like too much for me Im just going to turn around and sell it for profit

they are selling locally for 5k+ online and im buying mine for 3k clean title.

so sell and down grade if need be. But im not much of a speed demon so Im wont be opening up the throttle too much, but wanted sometime fun and got a good deal on this at the same time.

well see how it goes haha

Old 06-22-2008, 06:31 PM

Ya I was looking at it today and for now it doesn't look to bad so i'll decide if I want the FE kit later, thanks. And for frame Sliders GREAT suggestion I sure will add those soon probably order them today. and yes this is my first street bike. Im gonna see if I can get into the class I hope there not full might be though i'll just have to wait if they are. thanks for the warm welcomes all.

when I recoup from all the spending lately what exhaust do you suggest ?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 98nismo

Ya I was looking at it today and for now it doesn't look to bad so i'll decide if I want the FE kit later, thanks. And for frame Sliders GREAT suggestion I sure will add those soon probably order them today. and yes this is my first street bike. Im gonna see if I can get into the class I hope there not full might be though i'll just have to wait if they are. thanks for the warm welcomes all.

when I recoup from all the spending lately what exhaust do you suggest ?

one guy a couple posts back said D&D..?

Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM

oh spaced it lol

Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Default RE: new member with a greeat story!!!

hey guys,
Ive been riding dirtbikessince the day i could walk.when i turned 16was when i got my first bike a sv650. The best bike i ever had. I just bought a brand new 08 cbr 600 rr, pearl orange. theres a funny story behind this bike.Friday i went in looking for a bike and i saw the the orange cbr sitting there. I knew i had to have it. I was there with the guys till 8:30 that night making the final deal with them.got the price i wanted.Went to pick it up the next day and the owner came up to me and said congrats on the bike, you want to hear a funny story. So i said suure. He said to me thatthere was a guy comming in here who had already traded his dirtbike in and was comming t buy the bike this afternoon. Because things got screwed up andsomeone forgot to call the guy to get his credit card number to put the deposit on the bike. Soin the endhes going in to the dealership thinking he has a orange bike ready for him to ride off the lot while i drove away with it. The kicker...there not ordering anymoreof the orange bikes! thats it for 08. I got the only left and now they have to tell him that they sold HIS bike. HAHA. i got REALLY lucky for a 20 year old.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM

sweet bike! Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: new Rider saying HI