New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider from Red Deer Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider from Red Deer Alberta, Canada

Hey all. I'm Rick, I just bought a 2000 CBR 600 F4I. My first street bike I have ever owned. It will be at my place tomorrow night hopefully. I gotta wait for insurance until next week. I'm Gonna go on the weekend and get some gear, prolly just a helmet, jacket, and gloves to start.

Any recomendations on gear? Icon, Joe rocket, Shoei???

Can't wait to start riding again!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Rick. If you have a 2000, its an *F4*. Anyway, congrats on the new to you bike! :-)

Sounds like you've been a rider b/f, so you obviously know the need for good gear. You'll get just about every recommendation for gear that can be thought of on here. ;-) I just recommend quality...& quality tends to cost a little more.

Personally, I'm currently using Shoei helmets. I have several jackets...Icon, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket. Same situation for gloves. My full leathers are Spidi. My 2pc leathers are Alpinestars. I have Sidi & Alpinestars boots.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM

I like the Rocket gear. Icon makes a nice helmet, but I can't get any to fit my noggin.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scorpion exo-400...S&S cool mesh jacket and shift gloves, very well priced and very good products!!!! and welcome aboard

Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

im using scorpion exo 700 helmet and i wouldnt change it for anything else.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the input guys. The gear is so different than that on a cruiser. I would much rather spend more money first and get gear that is quality and will last rather than go cheap and end up throwing it against a wall in two months then going and getting the expensive stuff.

Hey gotcbr, the bike says F4I on it and so does all the paperwork or it, and I'm sure it said 2000. Maybe it did say '01, I'll have to double check, paperwork is in my truck until i can go to the registry office. Is there a chance if it is a 2000 that it's a late in the year 2000? Or would they have just called it a 2001.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Hi Rick welcome yo CBRF. Did your bike come yet?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rick2380
Thanks for the input guys. The gear is so different than that on a cruiser. I would much rather spend more money first and get gear that is quality and will last rather than go cheap and end up throwing it against a wall in two months then going and getting the expensive stuff.
I wasted a lot of good money doing this exact thing.

HJC to Scorpion helmet then to Shoei

Icon Jackets to Dainese

Should have just bought the good stuff first!

I would try on the different helmets. Scorpions are nice for the money, but they are SUPER heavy. The difference is pretty substantial if you go out for long days. My Shoei (RF-1100 oh yeahhhh) is awesome. Light weight, great sound reduction and awesome ventilation.

I have two Dainese jackets (An AirFlux and a Vintage)

I have Dainese riding boots and Shift Torquethrust kevlar riding jeans.

Oh and for summer gloves I just bought a pair of RevIt Dirts and they are probably the best ventilated gloves I've ever owned.

Anyways, welcome to the Sport Bike scene and let us know what all you pick up and lets see some pics of the bike!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Thanks guys. I just got it home a couple hours ago, then had to take buddy that helped me for a few to many beers lol. I took some pics, give me a bit to get 'em up.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Here ya go guys. She was layed down, but for the deal I got, and helping out a buddy with cashflow problems, I'm not complaining!!

Quick Reply: New rider from Red Deer Alberta, Canada