New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new rider, new bike, new member

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rider, new bike, new member

Hey everyone. I live in both Staten Island and Long Island NY, im new to riding. I Just got a 00 600 f4 and took the moto safety course. I love riding it, I never Realized what a great thing I have been missing out on for the past couple years.

The bike rides real nice but needs a new rear tire. I ordered one, and hopefully it will be in tommorow. The only other issue is that it seems to be running rich which is causing it to stall out every so often when idling in first, so I need a Carb sync. The problem is that I don't have a syncing gauge, and shops want to charge me an arm and leg to do a job that really isn't that hard. Oh well guess ill figure something out.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Maybe one of the members who lives near by can help with a set of vacuum gauges.......
Syncing the carbs won't change the richness - That's a different adjustment as far as I know.....
Go to
www.stephygee.com and download a manual free. It'll help and save you loads on maintenance.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 AM

Welcome to the family!! Glad to have you here. Post some pics of your ride, we would love to see it.

If you get a chance, go vote for my bike in the April Ride of the Month poll. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month...ead%2A-136801/

Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 AM

I believe it is rich because it needs more air so, I would like to use the gauge to mess with the idle air screws.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM

Cgrace, I like your steez here in getting votes. I'm an F4 owner, but had to vote for you, bc your bike is sooo CLEAN!

Tony, glad to see you join the 2-wheel world, and ever better to get more members in the F4 thread!! Lots of very helpful info in the F4 thread, that is specific to our bikes.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 AM

I can't help you with your fuel issue but I do want to say welcome to the forum!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
Cgrace, I like your steez here in getting votes. I'm an F4 owner, but had to vote for you, bc your bike is sooo CLEAN!
lol Thanks Bro!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If the title says what I believe it says...new to this...why not do all the standard maintenance first....all liquid, air filter, oil filter, spark plugs etc....did you adjust the idle yet? Don't mess with the carb sync yet....Then run the bike for a good few hundred miles and see if bike settles... Then if same problem exist, come back and trouble shoot.

For all I know, it maybe the air filter dirty....

Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF ToysNyCG!

Congrats on getting your F4! I have a '00 F4 as well. Come on over to the F4 section & post up some pics when you get a chance.

Kudos for taking the safety course!

Be safe out there.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
If the title says what I believe it says...new to this...why not do all the standard maintenance first....all liquid, air filter, oil filter, spark plugs etc....did you adjust the idle yet? Don't mess with the carb sync yet....Then run the bike for a good few hundred miles and see if bike settles... Then if same problem exist, come back and trouble shoot.

For all I know, it maybe the air filter dirty....

Your words are wise, I will try that before messing around with the carbs, those are more simple solution. However I must mention, I found that the battery connection terminals were loose, so I tightened them and took her for about a 45 min ride and no stalling.

Quick Reply: new rider, new bike, new member