New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Rider/HID question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rider/HID question

I've been lurking around these forums for some time now...and have now finally decided to post after purchasing my first bike last week ('04 CBR 600rr blue). Over the week that i've had it, i've clocked a little over 200 mi and am getting a better feel for the bike. I purchased all my gear before i bought the bike: shoei x-11 (daijiro), alpinestar stage jacket, and gloves. Took the MSF course over a year and a half ago, although i wish that i took it closer to when i purchased the bike.

I've been looking into some mods for my new ride. it already has an M4 exhaust, and new front turn signals. i'm looking into some frame sliders as well as an HID kit. i was trying to get some opinions and recommendations on some HID kits that people on the forum have or have used. what temperatures the where the bulbs (i'm looking for white somewhere in between 4000-8000 i'm guessing), where did you place your ballasts, etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. i've also already purchased a new led bulb for my running that i found through this forum as well.

oh.....i'm also looking into a scorpio i500 alarm....anyone have any experiences with this??

sorry for all the questions....but i'm sure no one here will mind too much.

thanx
ben

Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: New Rider/HID question

Hey Ben, glad you finally posted. You will find it very helpful. I am sure some of these guy's will be able to answer all your questions, and if they cant I am sure they know someone who can. [8D]

Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Retired Administrator

Hello and welcome ben...

Congrats on the new to you bike!!! And thanks for buying the bike I wanted. I tried to find it when I bought my 05 Tribal. HIDs... I can't answer, but you will get your answers from some of our members. And we have a few members with Scorpion alarms... so you should get that answer also.

Smart move on buying the gear before the bike... and what nice deep pockets you must have... you have an expensive line up.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 PM
L8X

nice bike! id go with performance mods first personally but let us know how you hids come out to be and dont forget to post pix!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:03 AM

Whats up ben. I have the scorpio alarm on my bike and love it. What do you want to know about it?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:19 AM

welcome ben! great choice on the bike mine is pretty much stock... only have a comp werkes fender kit and a targa seat cowl. don't forget to post some pics...

Old 01-25-2006, 12:45 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Retired Mod

hello and welcome to the site! nothing to add as far as the questions, but i gotta give love for the blue rr. that is by far my favorite color that they ever came in.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 AM

Hi Ben welcome,
nice bike/ gear choice, do you do much night riding?
otherwise i think id look at other mods before hid's,
just my 2c , enjoy the bike &post some pics

Old 01-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ballasts are on either side of the front support bar -- used a longer bolt in the existing hole and drilled a second hole.

Covered up

Difference between silverstar and HID

Both HID

Quick Reply: New Rider/HID question