New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Rider - 2006 CBR 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rider - 2006 CBR 600RR

I live in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and am new to riding and I just bought my first bike, a 2006 CBR 600RR. I'm fairley inexperienced, any tips???

Any CBR riders around my area??

Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM

i'm about 30 minutes south of you.. welcome to the site. a 600rr isn't a beginner bike man.. at all.. did you atleast take the saftey course.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by gonerippin
i'm about 30 minutes south of you.. welcome to the site. a 600rr isn't a beginner bike man.. at all.. did you atleast take the saftey course.

I've rode bike before but never a 600. This is my first bike and I just didn't want to get a 250 and out grow the bike after my first season of riding. I don't plan on riding this bike very hard until I have at least two years of experience with the bike. I do not plan on taking the course because mainly geard towards people with no experience riding bikes.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Tips? Take a good MSF course, treat every car on the road as if it's driven by a total idiot who really doesnt care that your on the road and seems to posses an obscene desire to maim and/or kill you (they generally are). and dont get on the throttle or brake in the corners, in fact, until you get more time in the saddle stay off that bikes throttle as much as possible, not a very forgiving bike as far as mistakes go. Other than that, have fun and welcome.

Thanks for the advice man. I appreciate it. I'll be sure to lay off the throttle as much as possible and take it slow until I am comfortable with the bike and figure out how it behaves. any other advice you can give me would be much appreciated. Can't wait for the snow to go away!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by modaragamage
I've rode bike before but never a 600. This is my first bike and I just didn't want to get a 250 and out grow the bike after my first season of riding. I don't plan on riding this bike very hard until I have at least two years of experience with the bike. I do not plan on taking the course because mainly geard towards people with no experience riding bikes.

i thought that too man, i really did cause i grew up riding bikes. but i learned so much at that course. things that have saved my *** a couple times. there is one at georgian right by you after taxes its like 390, you will save more then that on insurance easy if you do it lol. best money you will ever spend on your bike man seriously.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!
Take it easy on that 600RR,by no means is it a beginners bike.
What other riding experience do you if this is your first bike?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Welcome aboard!
Take it easy on that 600RR,by no means is it a beginners bike.
What other riding experience do you if this is your first bike?
I started riding my uncles bike when I was 10 years old. It was just a small 125. Its was in a different country but I rode the bike on a regular basis for a while. i've also ridden a couple of 250's but just a couple of times. I'm still very inexperienced and technically I am a brand new rider but I am fairly mature and I don't plan on riding my new bike very hard untill I have at least 2 years experience on it.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by gonerippin
i thought that too man, i really did cause i grew up riding bikes. but i learned so much at that course. things that have saved my *** a couple times. there is one at georgian right by you after taxes its like 390, you will save more then that on insurance easy if you do it lol. best money you will ever spend on your bike man seriously.

I'll look into it. Did you take the first one or the second. cause I know there is one for M1 riders and another for M2.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by modaragamage
I'll look into it. Did you take the first one or the second. cause I know there is one for M1 riders and another for M2.
the m2 one and i already had my m2. i just went for the insurance discount. there is a lot of people there that do that.

the m2 exit to the m course is just a review i heard i'm hoping to get it done this season.

Quick Reply: New Rider - 2006 CBR 600RR