New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New old guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New old guy

Don't have a cbr but want one.Looking at a cbrf4 or hornet 599 as a next bike. I ride a zzr600 '03 (zx6e) and a 650r.Plan to sell the zzr when the warm returns. ZZR is a good bike for what it is,500 lb touring ride but i want the 400 lb bike with 100 hp.I like the lightweight flickablility? Have that on the 650r but without the extra power not that i go crazy anyhow.So reading up on my future choice and waiting for the warm to return.I am in SC so I ride every week.Have a YT presence with vids on my rides.Nothing really
exciting but like I said "old guy". Was a wrench so carbs don't bother me at all.Have FI on the 650r so I get my taste of FI.Have a small machine shop and did some work for the local Harley shop but got tired of the attitude. I do have a knack for making my own exhausts.Open pipe free flow designs but i make them on the quiet side. I like my flying to be under the radar.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM

Welcome, I'm relatively new on this forum as well. Look forward to seeing your bikes..

Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard 'new old guy'! ;-)

Good to add your experience to our collective. Hopefully, we can help you w/ your CBR if any issues arise as well.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Define "old guy"....tread lightly. Welcome to the boards...

Old 01-05-2012, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rodeojones
Define "old guy"....tread lightly. Welcome to the boards...
I'll be easy.My first bike was a triumph trophy 500c. I sold it and bought a motto guzzi 750 basket case for $350. Lived in the city,half a block from the train station.I assembled the bike in my living room and rolled it out when done.The steps caused some problem but it worked out.The guzzi was a big and very comfy bike. Like a train on the rails.Not my style I was young.Traded the guzzi for a triumph trident.I really liked that bike. I could do 90 mph in 2nd gear by the middle of a city block and slow down for the light at the next light.I was young at that time and there was no traffic.I can go back even more but thats good enough.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

imo, if youre riding and having fun with it, you are always young. your bike keeps you young.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't forget about the blade....many old guys here riding RR...light weight with more than enough power!

Welcome!!!! Enjoy hunting for a CBR...that's the fun part.

Originally Posted by tp555
Don't have a cbr but want one.Looking at a cbrf4 or hornet 599 as a next bike. I ride a zzr600 '03 (zx6e) and a 650r.Plan to sell the zzr when the warm returns. ZZR is a good bike for what it is,500 lb touring ride but i want the 400 lb bike with 100 hp.I like the lightweight flickablility? Have that on the 650r but without the extra power not that i go crazy anyhow.So reading up on my future choice and waiting for the warm to return.I am in SC so I ride every week.Have a YT presence with vids on my rides.Nothing really
exciting but like I said "old guy". Was a wrench so carbs don't bother me at all.Have FI on the 650r so I get my taste of FI.Have a small machine shop and did some work for the local Harley shop but got tired of the attitude. I do have a knack for making my own exhausts.Open pipe free flow designs but i make them on the quiet side. I like my flying to be under the radar.