New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new from ny

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from ny

wassup fellas im new to the site i just recently bought a 02 cbr 954rr. i ran into a little issue with the servo motor. the guys at the shop told me it needed to be replaced with the cables. i would like to know exactly how that works and if it is needed. all help would be appreciated. here is a pic of the bike.

Attached Thumbnails new from ny-dsc00340.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 04:48 AM

go to the 929 section, there is a sections on servo and hetv as well as how it works. how ever if the FI light isnt on I wouldnt worry about it. Looks like a great bike. I have the same bike except with red lettering. Enjoy cleaning all the chrome. . Thats why I got away from cruisers. I'd recommend a steering damper and top three I would say are scotts, ohlins, and Gpr. Stop by the 954rr section and ask away if you have any questions, some of us are bored and just waiting for the opurtunity for a new thread . Great bike, enjoy it and keep rubber side down. I also recommend a good textile or better grade jacket and some good gloves.
Finch

Old 05-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
go to the 929 section, there is a sections on servo and hetv as well as how it works. how ever if the FI light isnt on I wouldnt worry about it. Looks like a great bike. I have the same bike except with red lettering. Enjoy cleaning all the chrome. . Thats why I got away from cruisers. I'd recommend a steering damper and top three I would say are scotts, ohlins, and Gpr. Stop by the 954rr section and ask away if you have any questions, some of us are bored and just waiting for the opurtunity for a new thread . Great bike, enjoy it and keep rubber side down. I also recommend a good textile or better grade jacket and some good gloves.
Finch
yea the f1 light stood on and it started to run super sluggish. but thanks for the info bro i appreciate it and the jacket i have is all black honda joe rocket. i just need a good set of gloves. and the damper i will be getting soon, thanks for the brands.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I would go to eBay and get a good used one. also check out the for sale section, and maybe post up in the 954rr section I know there is some one there that has one. also the light should be blinking. ei 3 fast and 3 slow = 33. or is it 3 fast then 3 slow. either way you get the idea the first set of flashes in the multiple of tens and the second number is a multiple of 1. After you get the code number look in a cbr954rr manual to see what the code is just to double check it. You could also post that up as well if you don't have a manual, or just google it.

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 05-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.