New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new from MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from MI

whats up guys and girls... im from MI, and i'm planning on getting my first street bike in about 4 weeks. i've been on dirt bikes most of my life, and also snowmobiles and ATV's so i figure, hey why not get a sportbike too. well i went to the dealership and i looked at an '08 honda cbr 600rr... and it was my favorite of them all. the sales person told me i'm lookin at a base price of 9400. so since i'm new, what are some ways to talk them down if there are any? lol. i've put together a list of mods that i'll be doing, and i'm really excited about getting the bike. so if you have any info, please help a newbie out. haha. i'll see you guys around the forum!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Default RE: new from MI

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM

Go to Out the Door Cycles they have about the best prices out there! You can get a price quote, and present it to this place. Most places will price match, i'm not sure about out of state pricing. But maybe you can lie about you moving to cali and you wanted to get a bike before you head down, and if they are unwilling to match then it is best for you to wait and get the better price when you come down here and they'll lose their sale! My dealership that i work at, the sales people have a copy of all the prices from this place. Even my place can't beat them! So that is a angle you might want to try.

www.otdcyclesports.com

Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM

Welcome! Good luck on your search and post up what you end up with.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: SurfnSCal

Go to Out the Door Cycles they have about the best prices out there! You can get a price quote, and present it to this place. Most places will price match, i'm not sure about out of state pricing. But maybe you can lie about you moving to cali and you wanted to get a bike before you head down, and if they are unwilling to match then it is best for you to wait and get the better price when you come down here and they'll lose their sale! My dealership that i work at, the sales people have a copy of all the prices from this place. Even my place can't beat them! So that is a angle you might want to try.

www.otdcyclesports.com
thanks a lot for this angle... i'll def. try it out and see if i can't push them around a bit ;-)

Old 04-15-2008, 01:58 PM

well guys, a little step in the right direction for me. got my permit today, 18/20 on the test, so not too bad. this other guy was taking the test too, and he got EVERY single question wrong. people like that can get themselves hurt and others as well. i'm setting my road test up for the first week in may, then hopefully i'll pick up my bike around may 3rd-6th. im realll excited. if you are interested i was thinking about doing this:

all black 2008 honda cbr 600rr
with:
scorpion exo-1000 matte black helmet
not sure on jacket / gloves yet, but i'm still looking
two brothers carbon fiber slip on
fender eliminator kit
black puig wind screen
integrated front signals
then possibly some lighting changes (HID first, 3rd eye, krazy eyes)