New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new memeber here =D

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new memeber here =D

hey guys.. newbie rider from philly here

new to the riding scene.. planning to take MSF or private lessons this spring... currently owner of my baby jolie 2003 cbr 600rr.. and YES i havent got on her yet.. not before i finish my course..

hopefully i could learn alot from many of you seasoned riders here on this forum.. if you guys could give me tips/help on riding and aftermarket parts etc.. all helps would be greatly appreciated.. looking forward to many great helpful future postings..

** oh and yes i have proper gear for riding.. helmet/jacket/gloves.. looking into riding pants..

" always respect your bike.. "

Old 01-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Default RE: new memeber here =D

Welcome bro!,
Good think'n on da motorcycle saftey course! Even if ya rode before it still be a pretty good idea. Be safe man.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:36 PM

sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders..Be safe, and welcome..Washington DC area here..

Old 01-31-2005, 04:50 AM

Only tips I can give you are
Pay close attention to the cars around you and stay out of there blind spot(pretty much anything behind there driver door)
Dont follow to close. Just because your on a bike doesnt mean you should get close.
Take plenty of time to roll up to a stop lights/stop signs and when you stop take both feet off of your pegs and hang them just above the ground. That way if you hit some oil or something your legs have alot better chance of keeping you up.
If your riding in a group of bikers dont feel oblogated to ride right next to or 3 feet behind your buddy. I see lots of bikers ride right next to eachother or 2-3 feet behind eachother and at that space you dont have enough time to counteract their/your bike if something where to happen.

I think the main thing is to watch out for people in cars/turcks/big rigs becasue there cellphone talking/make up applying/cd changing/fast food eating/kid disciplining/road raging/sleeping/reading drivers of 3000+ pound missles all out to kill you.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:53 AM

Oh yeah, Im a fairly new rider myself and Iv dumped mine once because I was following to close and the cars in front of me thought it was a convienient place to stop. I also had my g/f on the back. We where at a stop when the bike fell.Neither one of us was injured. But the bike has a srcatch on the side now.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:26 AM

Hi and welcome to the boards. It sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders. Great choice on taking the msf class before learning to ride. There are plenty of great people on here who can help you out with any questions you may have.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:06 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome -- we need all the memebers we can get[8D]

Old 01-31-2005, 06:09 PM

Thanks for joining us here!! Riding safe is best. Welcome and visit us often.

~Amanda

Old 01-31-2005, 07:29 PM

Hey stephen4785 thanks for the helpfull tips. I am a new rider also, this past sat was my third time riding my 600f4i. I really think this is a great forum for tips, information, and advice!!
Cookie, where do you plan on taking your MSF at, i live in the area also...

Quick Reply: new memeber here =D