New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Member from Upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
ahh so your right near me then. shoot me a PM, maybe once spring rolls around we can ride bro. I miss my f3, such a great bike. I ride a 954 now tho. You may see me cruising around a lot around highland. I ride everywhere.

PS. a common mod for the f3 if you really want to have a good ride is to swap the shock. I used a f4i shock. A bit taller (ok cuz im a tall guy) but it gets rid of that resivour.
Yea at 5'5" I can't really make her taller. As far as spring riding goes, I'm going to host a fun run around bear mtn as soon as my F3 is in running order and the weather cooperates.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Default Major UPDATE!!

So after a few months of ownership, I had the chance to play with my F3 for a few hours. My first attempt failed to get her running. I pulled all the plugs, put some light oil down the chambers and tried again. Same slow cranking. ****!!

I ripped apart my jumper cables and found the problem. I wouldn't use these cables for speaker wires! Complete crap. Off to Advance I went and bought a legit set. Back to my house and whadda you know? She cranks at full speed!!

I excitedly put all plugs in and put some starting fluid down the carbs. Thumbed the starter button and cough cough cough! She made smoke!!

I then put the airbox together, put the tank back on, put 2 gallons of fuel in and thumbed the button for a few cycles to prime the carbs. After about ten seconds, she settled into a nice 2k choke fed idle

All my fears vanished as my 599cc's breathed again. Wow what a sound out of the open pipe terminating under the bike. I have a Scorpion titanium high mount that's going on soon.

I'm so overjoyed right now and still have work and parts sourcing to do but I know she runs and runs well after sitting for a year.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 PM

wow thats great to hear that you got it running again. sounds like you had some work cut out for you. Went to bear mtn last season on my 250 nighthawk and i loved it. Cant wait to put some miles on the CBR and take it for a trial at bear mtn.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
ahh so your right near me then. shoot me a PM, maybe once spring rolls around we can ride bro. I miss my f3, such a great bike. I ride a 954 now tho. You may see me cruising around a lot around highland. I ride everywhere.

PS. a common mod for the f3 if you really want to have a good ride is to swap the shock. I used a f4i shock. A bit taller (ok cuz im a tall guy) but it gets rid of that resivour. They are much firmer and much better handling

Wow that looks amazing in that paint scheme. is that a different fairing or no?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM

Just a small update. Since I have had the bike I replaced the following
  • Front rim
  • Front and Rear tires
  • New Gauges
  • New Fairing Stay
  • Installed Factory Rear Fender
  • New Rear Rotor and Pads
  • Replaced Mirrors

Now I'm just eagerly waiting for the fairings I ordered to come and I'm almost done!! So happy to see this bike come together after 6 months of on and off work.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Good stuff Joe... can't wait to see the finished product... keep up the good work...