New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Illinois

hello,just registered

i purchased my 04 600RR from the original owner 8-8-08, it was bone stock (black with silver wing's), since august i have done 100% of the work/maintence to this bike, as of today the bike has 7,187 miles on it.

i have been lurking around these forums for about 2 weeks now, i have learned alot of stuff, and have loved some of the DIY threads that can be found here.

here she is:

the rest of this winter plans are: K&N air filter, short velocity stack mod, PCIII USB, asv shorty lever's, smoked zero gravity double bubble, and a black driven 520 chain kit 16/43.

for a lid i have an Icon airframe in the matt rubbery black, and i am planning to pickup a black Icon motorhead leather jacket in april.

before this bike i rode a 78 cb400T for 4 season's, then i sold it and was bikeless for about 1.5 year's.

i chose the 600rr because i have always loved Honda car's and bike's, and nothing really appealed to me the way the Honda 600RR does...so when it was time for me to pickup a "new to me" bike, the 04 600RR was an easy choice, and it just happens that the first one i looked at was perfect in every way...the old man took good care of it, it has never been layed down, it was 100% stock, and had 5700 miles on it when i purchased it. the guy let me test drive it for as long as i wanted, and the tires were close to needing to be replaced so i was able to talk him down from his $5,600 asking price to $5300 cash. it was a done deal. he delivered the bike to my house the next night, and the deal was done.

the next day i purchased 2 pilot power 2ct's for it and had them installed, while they were being installed i picked up my icon airframe helmet, transfered the title, and purchased full covereage insurance for 2 month's.

then the winter came, and i started using the money i was saving from not paying for full coverage anymore, to purchase things to make the bike mine. and thats pretty much it up to today. the pics were taken today.

thanks for looking.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New member from Illinois

Welcome!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to CBRF!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Beautiful new bike.... CONGRATS!! Always love black bikes! Looks clean too.... good luck with it, and keep the shiny side up

You're from Gurnee, huh? Not too far away from where I used to live (Glen Ellyn, then Lombard). My mom still lives up that way in Wheaton, and works in Morton Grove just down the road a lil ways

Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 PM

welcome aboard.....great looking bike

Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Someone stole your rimtape off the front wheel?????

Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Welcome! I'm from lake villa, go to school in normal but when summer rolls around and im back home we'll have to meet up for a ride

Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: jutsin

Welcome! I'm from lake villa, go to school in normal but when summer rolls around and im back home we'll have to meet up for a ride
nice, i actually live in lake villa. i put gurnee because most people in illinois know where gurnee is.

nobody stole my front rim tape....i did the back wheel, took a step back to look at it and decided that im going to paint both wheels...so i left the rear rim tape on until i feel like painting.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Forum !
Good looking bike...............
Plenty on offer here.......enjoy !

Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Hi and [sm=welcomesign.gif]neighbor!