New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new member with a couple of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member with a couple of questions!

Hi all!! I am a new member to the forums! taking my MSF courses soon!

i have a couple questions

1) What are the difference between the CBR600RR and the CBR600F4I
2) What are their skill levels? I plan to get a Ninja 250 after my MSF courses are completed.
3) Is riding very dangerous?

thanks!!
cheers!

Old 01-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Default RE: new member with a couple of questions!

Ill start..an RR is more agressive riding posture and more of a track bike with a plate...the F4I is a great stunt bike and easier on the wrists and shoulders and knees..
The F4I and RR are both dangerous if you dont know your machine or your limits and taking a course is a great idea if your just starting out t oget an idea of what your up against..
And yes u can get killed riding a motorcycle if your not in focus..and youll hear alot of the same with these questions

Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 AM

so an CBR600 is a fine bike to start out with or no?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 AM

There were a good article on LA Times Highway 1 section weeks ago. Which talks about beginner's bike, 250CC, mostly.
http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...-home-highway1

I know they don't talk much about those nice looking sportbike, but safety always comes first.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 AM

I own a CBR 600 F4i. It is a very nice bike, good beginner bike if you ask me, my first time riding I had no trouble at all with it. Becoming more comfortable with its power and weight is a little diffrent though. The only thing that ive ridden thats motorized other than my CBR is a 50cc scooter at like 30-40mph[sm=lame.gif]. If you buy a 600, just dont push the envelope, and you should be fine. The moment you do push the bikes limits, she'll push right back, and that might end up with you on the pavement [sm=owned.gif].

Old 01-29-2007, 04:43 AM

how about a CBR600RR how is that compared to a F4I in performance?

Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 AM

I got 06 F4i. I love this bike so much... more comfy, good all around bike, easier riding form compare to RR.
I think most people consider about bike's performance instead of their riding limit and skill.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:40 AM

Welcome to the site first off.

You are going to hear a lot of different opinions on here, reguarding the RR nd F4i. The RR is a real aggressive bike, his a pretty wide power bands, especially for a 600. Its not a very forgiving bike bike you make a mistake. Thats one thing you will hear a lot of. The throttle it usually touchy on these, so any slip of the wrist, or hitting a bump may give you and accellerated trip you didnt ask for. But as unsure as you are sounding I wouldnt recommend it.

The F4i isnt a simple machine either. It, in my opinion, is a little easier to learn on. It is a little easier on the throttle and power band, BUT it still isnt anything to toy around with. What I would do is take the MSF course, and see how you like the 250cc bikes there, since thats what you'll be learning on and go from there. You can also do a search on this site to see what other people think. Type in, 600 vs F4i or something to tht effect in the search menu. Good Luck

Old 01-29-2007, 03:17 PM

so basically, the F4I is more of a starter type of bike? So if I got the F4I and about 6 months later i feel I need more should I go for the CBR600RR or the GSX-R 600?

thanks!

Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 PM

If it was out of those two, I would say yes. But I dont htink that will happen is 6 months though. That F4i is an awesome bike!!! And if you do upgrade eventually, get a Honda[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: new member with a couple of questions!