New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Member in Atlanta GA

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member in Atlanta GA

Hello all CBR Riders!

- I tried to reply in the "new member" post, but the thread was closed...?

I am a new member to this forum, and have been a rider since my early days. I grew up on dirt bikes, and recently purchased my first street bike. A 2004 CBRF4i Black and Red. I bought this from a dealer so I am unsure of the mods that have been done. Visually the bike has aftermarket blinkers, Micron exhaust w/o baffles ( sounds mean)! Rail sliders...I think the previous owner dropped it, then put the rail sliders on. The said fairings have some scuffs, but the sliders are barely touched?? oh well...It has some minor body improvements needed though. The tank has some spots on it as if something corrosive hit it, but has been touched up. The swing arm also has some corrosion looking spill on it. Any thoughts on how to remove this?

Also - I am looking to remove the passenger seat handle - 2 of the bolts are stripped, and the bracket/housing is a part of the frame so I am unsure how to get it off. Does any one know where I can get a split seat converter or a targa seat cowl for a decent price. Online the cost is unreal.

-Josh

Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the CBRForum Josh!

Congrats on getting your F4i. The F4i section has just about all the info you could ever need on fixing up your bike, modifying it, etc.

As for split-seats, I have a split-seat tutorial in my photo gallery that walks you thru converting from the banana seat to the split-seat set up, if that's what you are wanting to do. If I can ever be of help, please let me know.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Josh....welcome!! My brother live in Atlanta! Cool...CBR great bike!

Originally Posted by Bann6654
Hello all CBR Riders!

- I tried to reply in the "new member" post, but the thread was closed...?

I am a new member to this forum, and have been a rider since my early days. I grew up on dirt bikes, and recently purchased my first street bike. A 2004 CBRF4i Black and Red. I bought this from a dealer so I am unsure of the mods that have been done. Visually the bike has aftermarket blinkers, Micron exhaust w/o baffles ( sounds mean)! Rail sliders...I think the previous owner dropped it, then put the rail sliders on. The said fairings have some scuffs, but the sliders are barely touched?? oh well...It has some minor body improvements needed though. The tank has some spots on it as if something corrosive hit it, but has been touched up. The swing arm also has some corrosion looking spill on it. Any thoughts on how to remove this?

Also - I am looking to remove the passenger seat handle - 2 of the bolts are stripped, and the bracket/housing is a part of the frame so I am unsure how to get it off. Does any one know where I can get a split seat converter or a targa seat cowl for a decent price. Online the cost is unreal.

-Josh

Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CBRF