New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy from Toledo Ohio Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Toledo Ohio Area

Hey guys! My name is Jorden. I'm from the Toledo area in Ohio. I am looking at getting a bike and I am trying to learn as much info as possible into the new sport. I have been riding quads for years and looking forward to start riding on 2 wheels on the streets. I am 20, almost done with my AAS degree in Police Science, I am also taking the EMT-Basic course right now. I will be moving to San Antonio Texas in September with my g/f and will be trying to start a career in Law Enforcement. I'm a level headed individual who isn't impressed by people doing wheelies and showing off for people on public roads, and would like to just cruise and have a good time on a bike.

I am actually looking at a 2001 F4i right now, the only problem is it has a race body on it and I want it to be street legal, not track only. I'm trying not to spend too much on my first bike, just looking to get my feet wet for now. If anyone is interested in getting this race body off of me if I buy this bike let me know. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in the body before I buy it so I can either get some cash or trade someone for their street plastics and lights.

Here are some pics of the bike that I am looking at and the race body if anyone is interested. the guy said he just painted the body recently so it looks nice!
Name:  6916_1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  40.3 KB
Name:  624f_1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  39.8 KB
Name:  6755_1.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  38.2 KB

Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New guy from Toledo Ohio Area

Welcome !
If you need a manual for a 600 go to www.blackbears.ru
Manuals are in English.
Hope it helps

Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM

As long as your price is reasonable, you should be able to unload race bodywork pretty easily on any racing/track day forum.

www.nesba.com (click the link to the forum - right side)
www.sttforum.com
http://forums.13x.com

all have For Sale sections. I would wait to post it until you actually have the bodywork though.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM

^^ thanks! I just want to get a feel for interest in the race body, b/c this bike will be my only means of transportion for a week or so, so the sooner I can get the street fairings and electrics, I can go out on the road. I have till saturday if I buy the bike tho.