New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy from .net

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from .net

Hello all, I am hoppin over from the 600rr.net site for a few reasons. One being that I want to ****** up a 1000rr next year and a bunch of the guys on that site like to bash people for wanting one... and cuz it's nice to have anther place to go for more input and write-ups. Always nice to meet more people! Anyways, I'm from IL and if anyone is near the QC area lemme know. I love to ride.

Oh, and I have an black 06 600rr with a few of the normal mods. Micron, Puig DB, bla bla bla.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New guy from .net

Welcome to the forums!! :-)

You know something I gave up on other bike forums and especially car forums (oh my gosh the BS on those) .. and came here across the pond and I have to say these people are the most accepting folk you will ever meet ...ride an ancient cbr6 F1 or the latest 1000RR it doesnt matter we are all the same ..its the total lack of snobbery I love in here :-)

Hope you enjoy your stay!!

Jules

Old 10-04-2008, 08:35 PM

Thanks Jules... I've been searching through the site a little and just glad to be a part of it...

Old 10-04-2008, 11:36 PM

why would they bash you for moving up to a liter bike? never heard of that. I could see if you were trading for a moped or scooter. Anywho... welcome to the forum!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 PM

^^^ Not everyone is like that over there... just seems to be 70% of them that comment always want to challenge everyone and try to tell them that there's no way anyone who isn't a pro/expert level rider would need one... blah blah blah... All I know is I've been riding on the street since I turned 16 (24 now), always rode/raced dirt, and IMO there should be nothing wrong with me buying a liter bike for daily street riding, commuting, road trips, and weekend fun! Honestly, a lot of people have been leaving the forums over there.. it's just not the "you meet the nicest people on a honda" kind of website you'd expect! Anyhow, glad to be on the site and hopefully we'll be able to meet up for some rides. I come from a long line of motorcycle riders and racers... my parents are actually going through a nasty divorce so what was supposed to be my inheritance, 90 vintage motorcycles (mainly old 60's n 70's honda's), is now going to be auctioned off this winter in a big auction. All the old honda, kawi, suzuki, ossa, penton, bsa etc dealers signs and NOS parts are gonna have to go... sucks for me but great for everyone else... here's a link to the thread I made on it on 600rr.net:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114709

Thanks again for the welcome and I'll see y'all on the forums.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 PM

wow, someone else from the QC, good to have ya hear, which side of the river are you on?

Old 10-04-2008, 11:58 PM

hey naldge, Im on the IL side... Moline actually. Where you located?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:01 AM

in Silvis, if you seen a red and black F4i out and about, it was probably me

Old 10-05-2008, 12:09 AM

I've only lived up here a couple months and haven't rode with anyone yet because everyone I've seen out seem to be squids or I don't have time to wave anyone down. What you doin tomorrow? how bout a lil sunday afternoon ride?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:21 AM

Im pretty new here myself. but I can say that everyone is very welcoming. I truly enjoy this site. Like Jules said ride anything from a 125cc to 1000cc, 80's model to a 2008 all is welcome. Very friendly & informative. Hook us up with pic of your bike. And make sure to update us when you get that 1000RR!