New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy here with new used cbr!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here with new used cbr!!

Hello guys, my name is paul and I've been saving my money for 3 years to get this bike. I recently bough 2005 honda cbr 600RR. It already had a yosimura RS pipe, braided brake lines and the frame slider. I bought this babe from the local salvage bike shop. It had about 820 miles on it and I bought it for $5500. No frame damage or scratch at all. Only the fairing were scratch and they have to put a new rear fairing(or whatever u call it) and a new front end. The headlight is still perfect with no scratch. Do you think I get a good deal on this bike?
When i found out about this forum I was so excited because you guys can help me a lot. More importantly my bike was 2005 bike of the year so I hope I make the right choice. Well, I'm looking forward for your guy assistance and info about my cbr.
and anyone from around hammond, LA holla at me..

Old 05-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Default RE: New guy here with new used cbr!!

Welcome to forum.

IMO I would be a little cautious with the bike for the first few hundred miles. Without knowing all the details/history of the bike and you've indicated it had front end damage I'm concerned. Without seeing any pix of the bike, but it been a salvage bike $5500 sounds a bit high for me.

Does the bike have a clean or salvage title?

I hope it works out for you.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:36 AM

welcome to the forum & congrats on the CBR! since you bought it from a salvage yard and got it for $5500, i'm assuming it has a "rebuilt/salvage" title. you have to be careful with those (low mileage or not) because you never know what happened with it in the past.

i had a friend who bought a salvage ninja zx6rr. this thing looked NICE. but when he took it high speeds it would feel unstable and shimmy/shake a bit. he got rid of it.

good luck with everything. post pics when you get a chance...

Old 05-14-2006, 12:12 PM

I will post a pic soon. What I mean by front end damage was the front fairing/face not the body work damage. Because the front suspension and everything still new and not damage nor scratch. The bike was from AL, the guy who owned it was int he military. It has Forth benning, GA sticker ont he front suspension. Believe it or not most bike at the salvage shop are from military people. So far I only go up to 80 miles and has no problem with shaking or anything. It does have a rebuild title.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:36 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 AM

hi and welcome,,,

Old 05-15-2006, 03:18 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I think it is so cool to have a female biker here. I wish they have some in down south Louisiana.
I just want to let you all know fellow rider to be carefull when you ride. One of my new friend just got killed on Friday night and his older brother got broken foot. It was sad I just got to know them for about 2 weeks and they are my mechanic from the shop where I got my bike. So you all ride carefull!!