New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here...

Hey all, Steve here. Im new to the forum and new to the motorcycle community. I just bought an 07 CBR 600RR, Blue/Silver from Cross Bay Honda in NY. My buddy works there so i got a pretty good deal. Im coming over from the import car scene myself. I have an 04 WRX putting 330awhp down right now. Im from New York, living in Northern Va right now, and moving to Socal in about a month. Im active duty Marine Corps, which is the reason for the move. Ill be in the Camp Pendleton area... Ill also be living in the Jacksonville NC area for about three months, from end of July to the end of October...

Im really excited and eager to learn about my bike, the dynamics, tunning, basically everything. This is all new for me as its the beginning of yet another automotive hobby for myself... If anyone is in any of these areas and reads this let me know! I cant wait to get out and start meeting people and learning.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New guy here...

welcome to the forum! thats a f'n sweet bike ya got there, be sure to buy some gear, and take the MSF course!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Welcome Aboard ...Enjoy the show.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:13 AM

I'm sure you'll love the new CBR!!! I sure do. Take the MSF and get some good gear, you'll be glad you did. Good luck and safe riding!!

Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 AM

grab some frame sliders, and gear like everyone else said. i hope you got full coverage to protect your investment. anyways, welcome to the forum!!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 AM

thanks for the advice everyone! luckily the marine corps offers the course free on base and i took it yesterday and monday so thats all covered! the one thing i made sure not to skimp on was saftey equipment... my honest opinion is that its the best thing to spend money on, thats how i felt with my cars too when it was time for a cage, seats, and harnesses... i looked into the frame sliders and im going to pick up a set saturday. once again thank you all for the warm welcome and all the advice. this is definately becoming yet another addiction to me.

btw i also picked up a carbon fiber arrow exhaust... ill be putting that on on saturday... ill be sure to post pics.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the site...glad to have you here!