New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Guy Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Here

Hey hows it going? My name is Luis and im from Palmdale Ca (the hottest place on earth) I decided to join this forum in hopes of possibly learning something from all of you before i make my purchase. Looking to get a CBR600rr (first bike). I heard it was a great beginners bike plus all i drive is Honda's so why not keep it in the family when it comes to a bike....

Hope to gain some great info from all of you.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the CBR forums. I havent had a 600 but what ive herd they are a great bike.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM

welcome to the forum. I will go ahead and tell you that alot of people are going to say start on a smaller bike like the ninja 250 or some thing in the 500s It mainly depends on you, if you have a great learning curve and not prone to showing off or just doing anything that will get you hurt then go for it. not to sound bad a** but i learned to ride on my uncles zx10r rode it for 6mos before i got my bike and it was a lot of power I know have the 09 600rr old and its been great lots of fun plenty power just wear your gear and take motorcycle safety course sorry for long post but any other questions you have ask away there are great people on this forum that are willing to help

Old 07-07-2010, 01:30 AM

thanks guys...

as for the showing off, thats what my car is for. lol. I just mainly want a bike to take on the open road and since i work kinda close to home it be nice to just ride there. Always wanted a bike but also had the fear of messing up somehow and crashing. But its all on the person, I wont use it recklessly so that knocks out 90% of my chances to eat pavement. lol.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Luis, think we might be trying to be the hotest place on earth here over on
the east coast at the moment ........... enjoy the Forum man.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Hows it going I'm new here too and here's my input for all it's worth . I've owned a few bikes and not all Honda's and they all make their power at different levels . I just got a 06 600 F4I and it makes it's power on the upper rpm range whereas my Gsxr 1000 makes power allot lower which makes the Honda allot more user friendly because as you progress you just add more throttle . I'm in the process of setting it up for track days up heah in NaHampsha ha ha

Old 07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to the site Luis!
The 600RR is NOt a great beginners bike,however, as long as U have a smart head on your shoulders and dont try to ride over your head,you should be fine. Just be very respectful of the throttle!!.
Good luck & keep us posted

Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM

So luis im anxious to know what u have come up with man and are you planning on buying brand new

Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by grida600rr
So luis im anxious to know what u have come up with man and are you planning on buying brand new

well, i belong to a honda s2000 forum and a member there is selling a 08 CBR Graffiti edition with 5k on it for 6k. Its clean, used but clean. I messaged him about it but no response yet. As for buying new, in reality i dont wanna get a 12k debt on something for the first time. I plan on buying something fairly new for now and then as time passes ill get something new and better. My hobby is currently my car but i wanted to try something new and more exciting.

HondaJunkie: Im not over my head with this one, in cars i push it to the max but bikes are a whole other story. Honestly im still scared of even firing one up and taking off but that fear has to die sometime. I just mainly wanted the bike for daily commutes and toy purposes rather than taking it out and trying to race people. I have a few friends that are into the whole wheeling thing and doing all these dangerous things, but im pretty responsible and know my limits. Imma drive the 600 like a grandma would so i think im fine. lol