New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy on the block

Old 12-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy on the block

I am new here, going to look for information.

I have been riding for at least 40 of my 57 years at this point, starting on friends' mini-bikes and one's Cushman Eagle. First bike, which I still have, was a Bultaco M27 Sherpa T. One of the most fun rides was the M66 Sherpa S 175 short tracker - wish I still had that one. I confess I do not have a CBR, although I'd sold several dozen over my 7 years full time and 15 additional years part time in motorcycle sales at a Honda dealership. I presently have the M27, a still unfinished SR500 street/tracker, a Kawasaki KLX650 dual sport, and a Kawasaki 550 Zephyr. At the present, my interest here is for information relating to a hobby/sideline.

I am a middle school Industrial Technology teacher in the Columbus Ohio area, but have a varied background including the aforementioned motorcycle sales. It included an engineering/technology degree in addition to the education degree. Jobs included graphic design/laser engraving, hydraulic cylinder repair drafting, cutting tool quality tech/engineering work, and heavy duty excavating equipment quality engineering (aka finding screw ups and fixing them along with continuous improvements).

I hope I may have some good input here and I will post my questions in the appropriate areas.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by klx678
I hope I may have some good input here and I will post my questions in the appropriate areas.
Welcome to the forum.

Always nice to add some more experience to our mix.

Good to have you with us.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With that kind of background, I'm betting you're gonna answer more questions than you ask.
Welcome! Glad to have you with us. Hope you'll post some pics of your babies. Yeah, it says, "CBR",
but, we're all about bikes!

Merry Christmas, Ern

Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

come and join our ohio riders group in qick links > social groups

Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 AM

I'd be really jealous of that resume. Might hide in my hole around you EXCEPT you don't have a CBR, yet!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 PM

This last month I learned that my knees can't even take the Zephyr peg position, so I'm not too sure a CBR will ever be in my future. I'm thinking it's going to be the dual sport or the like. I joined here to get some information for a project. Best place to learn is where the people who know the answers will be and this was it. But I will also get information here I couldn't get quite so easily elsewhere, like on tires with the older narrower rimmed CBRs, when I make some tire decisions on the supermoto rim set.

By the way, which model is that CBR in your avitar? I kind of like the streetfighter look.

Have a good year.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM

I know you are MORE than welcome here. This is a good place.
I'm a couple years older than you, I guess I've been lucky. As far as my riding goes, I've had to trade quantity for quality. Shorter, quicker rides work OK for me. I fool myself into feeling younger for a while.