New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new to forum, looking for a cbr

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to forum, looking for a cbr

Hey guys,

I just recently sold my Ninja 250 and am looking for a deal for a CBR 600. I'm located in Orange County, California.

Just Friday, I went and test rode for the first time, a 600cc. It was an F4i. It was so different from a 250! I had trouble doing slow u-turns and just leaning and weaving left and right. The steering handles were so stiff and the bike just feels like it wants to shoot me back upright when I lean. I had to use a lot of resistance to keep the bike leaned.

Is this normal? And any other advice and enlightenment is appreciated!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:30 AM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CBRF

im no expert, rode for the first season. what i have noticed that the bike is heavy and going with a slow u turn, it wants to fall if you dont keep on the throttle a little bit. on the fast turns it feels like it want to shoot you off the bike if you dont lean off of the bike little bit.
counter steering helps a lot and its the proper way to take corners at higher speeds. that way you dont have that feeling of getting shot of the bike, and use minimal force of resistance.
there are many threads here on the forum about cornering and countersteering. feel free to do a search and learn as much as you can.

have the respect for the 600 bikes. they have a lot more power and a lot heavier than 250 bikes.

if you are looking to learn on a 600, i suggest older bike like f4i or even f3 or f2, they are carbed bikes but since they are heavier, they are more stable on the road, even if its windy. and if something happens and you do take a dive (hope not) you didnt loose a lot of money.

good luck with your hunt for a ride, once you find it, stay safe (rubber side down)

Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum xRayZx.

There's no way to know if the F4i you test rode has problems or was still in good condition. A typical F4i shouldn't handle the way you describe unless there's some problem w/ the setup.

Good luck w/ your search for a good candidate to buy.