New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the forum got a few questions

Old 08-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum got a few questions

Ok well first off im new to the forum and i joined to ask for help.Well i turn 16 in november and im trying to convince my dad to help me pay for a 06 honda cbr600RR but he thinks its not safe and he "dosnt wanna give me a tool to kill myself".I told him id buy full racing leathers and a good helmet to protect myself and go take the saftey class and still no,any thoughts or opinions will be fully apreciated!Oh yea i have some experience on a dirt bike.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Mad
Default RE: New to the forum got a few questions

Sorry that is a tough one. I rode a dirt bike for years but when it came time to get a street bike it was.. well no way. I never could convince them to let me buy a street bike. I ended up buying one from a friend when I was 16; not a popular choice. I DO NOT endorse that path.

Talk to your dad. You will have to compromise IOT win him over. Talk to him, explain to him that you will be safe and that your desires are not to ride fast and reckless but rather to ENJOY the ride. Safety courses are a must. If you parents do let you get one then honor their requests and ALWAYS ride with the proper gear and don't be stupid. I don't think you need to be doing 100+ just because. They can easily make you park it.

You have to convince them that you will be safe... then DO IT!!!!

Best of luck...

Old 08-07-2006, 04:35 AM

well he thinks il run the hell out of it cuase i ate it on my motor scooter witch was cuase i gave it to much gas on accident after a bump it did a wheelie and i came off the back lucky then i was wearin a helmet but got some road rash on my arm and i dont know on the tryin to convince him hes pretty hard headed but hell il give it a shot

Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Matbe that shouldn't be your first purchase. Maybe you should have a car and show him that your a good driver and ask in a year. I know it's a long time, but that might show him otherwise. Hope it works out in your favor.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:36 PM

good luck man. i know what u mean by hard headed, my dad is the same way. lucky for me, he rides too.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:32 PM

Well he used to ride but long time ago i think he realy dosnt wanna get me one is cuase he was crazy and almost lost his life on one and the car idea is a good one i was also thinking get a camera for the bike and after each day he can reveiw on how i rode that day and to gain his trust that im not just gonna go out there and do 100+mph that would break my own rule my rule is start slow and when you master or get good at that speed slowly increase it

Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 AM

Im thinkin im with your dad on this one..youre still living under his roof and should follow his rules...ya got two more years...then youre on your own as an adult so why not just save your own money so that way when you get to be 18 and have enuff money..you wont have to convince your hard headed (loving ) father who cares about your safety....jsut my two cents and i do think that 16 is too young to be on an RR just my 2 cents no matter how many years in the dirt..there are alot more cars in the street than there are in the dirt...

Old 08-08-2006, 05:30 AM

i soppose i can wait till im 18 cuase thats when i move back to florida anyway well may as well start getin the gear i need a helmet anyway for my scooter well thanks for the advise ive been reading a lot on here you guys and gals realy know your stuff besides when i get back to fl that means i can go down to daytona for bike week

Old 08-08-2006, 06:12 PM
oNi

Yeah I'd have to agree w/ CBRFREEK and some of the others, I'd try and ask your dad but if he says no, just gotta go by what he says. Regardless of whether you get a camera mount and show him how you'll ride, that one time you have it off your probably gonna want to be like Ricky Bobby and 'go fast'. Yeah I say Pits said it right, a car first would be good, then once you show him your responsible with that, try the bike out.

I saw Talladega Nights last night so I had to squeeze in the Ricky Bobby thing! LoL!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 AM

yea i respect him and his rules but il still try you know lol speakin of talladega night how is that?it looks halarious...well on the car note then now i have to try and convince him to help me get a Civic SI or a 350z or possibly an evo 8MR anyone got any advice on those?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to the forum got a few questions